About the Role:
The Stock Management Associate will oversee inventory management at the Company’s retail centers, extending to field-based agents. The role involves regular travel within the station region. They will report to the Country Store Manager, Kenya
The team you would join: Operations
- Sun King’s pay-as-you-go (PAYG) direct sales channel is building its presence in Kenya, and we are looking for experienced Stock Management Associate to join our team. Our PAYG enabled products allow consumers to pay for their Sun King products over a period of 4-18 months. The inbuilt PAYG technology enables customers to pay for a few days’ or weeks’ worth of energy at a time, and it monitors how far they have progressed towards the completion of their payment plan.
- Sun King has built a successful, fast growing sales organizations in Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda, and we are market leaders in the global PAYG solar industry.
What you would be expected to do
Retail centers day to day support
- Liaise with the warehouse team to ensure that inventory is readily available for sale.
- Offer support to retail executives to ensure they meet their KPIs.
- Liaise with the sales team to review retail center executives on potential improvement areas.
- Initiate requests for declaration signoffs for missing inventory
- Report cases of inventory damages/ losses to allow for insurance claim to be initiated.
- Initiate discussions revolving around new initiatives geared at ensuring retail centers are efficient and effective in services rendered.
- Conduct regular inventory audits, whether scheduled or impromptu
- Review processes and controls existing to ensure they are optimized to reduce redundancies within the chain.
- Will represent the department in all meetings scheduled with either internal or external stakeholders within the region that involve inventory management and retail center management.
- Will conduct handovers from retail center executives to relievers and vice versa.
- Will vet relievers to ensure that they meet the requisite qualifications needed to run the retail centers.
- Will request for payment for relievers for days worked.
- Sit in for interviews when required together with Human Resource during onboarding of new retail center executives.
- Liaise with the sales team and marketing team to identify potential sites that might be considered as new retail centers.
- Conduct regular checks on assets at the retail centers to ensure that they are in good working order.
- Liaise with the Admin team to schedule repairs at the retail centers.
- Liaise with the Admin team to engage landlords on any issues that might exist.
Order and inventory Management
- Initiate inventory movements and requests from warehouse to retail centers
- Liaise with the warehouse team to resolve any inconsistencies that come with deliveries done at the retail centers.
- Liaise with retail center executives to ensure that inventory management standards are met, including but not limited to FIFO etc
- Liaise with the warehouse and retail centers executives to provide packaging for products that are defaced.
- Regular review of all processes currently in place aimed at achieving best inventory management practices.
- Be on the lookout for any new trends and emerging trends that relate to the industry that can be implemented to increase efficiency.
- Coordinate inventory reconciliation
- Validation of all products marked as obsolete and damaged that are to be returned to the warehouse.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations at all retail centers, includes but not limited to ensuring permits and licenses are displayed.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
You might be a strong candidate if you
- Have a degree qualification preferably in Supply Chain Management, Statistics, or any Finance Related Field
- Have 2-3 years’ working experience in Finance, Supply Chain Management and/or Statistics.
- Demonstrate knowledge in contract management.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with a robust ERP system preferably S4HANA.
- Can work comfortably with and maintain large volumes of data in excel.
- Able to multi-task and address competing priorities.
- Are goal-oriented and organized team player
- Are proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Are ability to work remotely under minimal supervision.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
To apply for this job please visit sunking.com.