United Nations Office for Project Services
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Administration Associate, the driver will be responsible for providing reliable and secure driving services and ensuring proper use of the vehicle as per the organization policy. The position requires the incumbent to have a client oriented approach, high standards of professionalism and responsibility, good communication skills, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya (Family Duty Station).
The incumbent of this post is responsible for the following duties:
Provides reliable and secure driving services by:
- Driving vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities in coordination with the Logistics Assistant/Administration Associate.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Secondary education is required;
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs is an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required
- A valid Kenyan Driver’s license is required
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal.
- Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas.
- Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them.
- Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
- Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior.
- Performance is consistent, even under pressure.
- Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions.
- Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks.
- Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner.
- Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others.
- Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge.
- Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Closing Date: 20-Oct-2023
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unops.org.