As a Project Assistant I, your role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the project’s implementing partner (SAPCONE), government entities, school administrators, and community leaders to facilitate the implementation of the INUANA Project.
- Develop a preliminary conflict assessment report in close partnership with civil society actors, County and national government offices, at project implementation locations.
- Raise awareness within communities about the right to education in Kenya, including sensitization on the Basic Education Act of 2013. Employ various strategies and platforms to achieve this.
- Work alongside the Project Officer for Livelihoods and Financial Inclusion at DCA Kakuma Office to facilitate meetings centered on financial inclusion and diversifying livelihoods in targeted project communities.
- Collaborate closely with the Programme Officer for Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (DMEP) to contribute to the design and execution of assessments, surveys, and evaluation activities for the INUANA Project.
- Provide support in physically monitoring the activities of the INUANA Project, which is led by the primary local partner, SAPCONE.
- Assist in generating activity reports, and preliminary project reports, and contribute to the examination of project assessment and evaluation reports.
- Under the guidance of the Communications Assistant at DCA Kenya, participate in crafting communication materials such as social media content, website articles, and other project-related content.
- Collaborate with DCA Procurement & Logistics (ProLog) staff to ensure timely submission of procurement requests to facilitate efficient project implementation.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Previous internship or entry-level experience in project implementation, particularly in livelihoods, child protection, access to education, and financial inclusion sectors within ASAL areas.
- Additional experience working in Turkana County is advantageous.
- Display interest and/or basic experience in facilitating training workshops involving community members and government officials.
- Show interest and/or basic experience in collaborating with national organizations as implementing partners and engaging with government agencies as stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili. Proficiency in Ng’aturukana is a plus.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Environment, Conflict, and Peace, or any other relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Possess an eagerness to learn and grow within the role.
- Be willing to travel to various project sites.
- Demonstrate political and cultural sensitivity along with qualities such as patience, tact, and diplomacy.
To apply for this job please visit dca-1.career.emply.com.