SNV is a non-profit international development organization that brings practical expertise to create lasting positive impacts in the lives of individuals living in poverty. Leveraging our extensive presence within various countries, we adapt our high-quality knowledge in agriculture, energy, and WASH to suit local contexts. With an annual turnover of €130 million, a workforce of over 1,250 employees, and operations spanning more than 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America, we take pride in our not-for-profit approach, using project financing to fulfill our mission. This necessitates efficient operations and investments in operational excellence.
During our Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV emphasizes a shift toward systems change throughout project preparation and implementation. This involves strengthening institutions and catalyzing markets to help a broader population escape poverty beyond the scope of individual projects.
For additional insights into our work in Kenya and SNV globally, please visit our website: www.snv.org
The intern will report to the Country Finance Officer: Treasury and Finance Control, with responsibilities encompassing the following:
- Assisting in document scanning.
- Verifying and analyzing quotes from selected suppliers for review.
- Preparing payments in SAP by Design and the bank platform.
- Updating suppliers on all payments made, including relevant payment details.
- Preparing the cheque register and processing bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring that new suppliers provide all required information for inclusion in SAP by Design (e.g., bank details, postal addresses).
- Updating new supplier master data after approval by the Country Finance Manager.
- Reconciling M-PESA payments for participants.
- Preparing LPO in the system once the supplier has received approval and the go-ahead for LPO.
- Managing invoice submission, including uploading invoices to shared folders and requesting statements from suppliers.
- Reviewing the completeness of documents before payments are made.
- Checking invoices to ensure alignment with the LPO.
- Preparing documents for project audits and maintaining orderly filing.
- Reviewing staff expense returns, checking for reconciliation with work advances, and preparing a spreadsheet for approval.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Country/Project Finance Officer.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration with a CPA Part 3.
- Currently in the final year of undergraduate studies or completed their studies.
- Knowledge of NGO/International development financial policies would be advantageous.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Professional etiquette.
- Duration: 6 Months
SNV is an equal-opportunity employer, and we aim to fill these positions as soon as possible, encouraging both qualified women and men to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
- SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test before employment
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.