Identifying Suitable Candidates for National UN Volunteer Assignments:
- Follow UN Volunteer Conditions of Service, regulations, and policies for candidate identification and recruitment.
- Review and ensure the quality and consistency of assignment descriptions (DOAs), offering guidance on DOA creation.
- Advertise relevant assignments through established channels.
- Find appropriate candidates for national UN Volunteer roles across diverse fields, adhering to corporate Key Performance Indicators, DOA requirements, and UNV Recruitment and Selection policy.
- Check references, clearances, and performance appraisals of selected candidates to ensure their competence and integrity.
- Communicate with supervisors, Regional Offices, and Field Units on issues, risks, and compliance.
- Keep stakeholders informed and negotiate adjustments when necessary.
- Record actions and data in volunteer management systems.
- Assist in resolving queries related to volunteer recruitment.
Outreach and Support for Talent Acquisition:
- Collaborate with VSC team members, Regional Offices, and Field Units to stay informed about the demand for national UN Volunteer profiles.
- Use social media and other means to identify suitable candidates for individual UN Volunteer roles.
- Address gaps in the existing talent pool, including language and competency shortfalls, to meet partner demand.
- Support regional and national outreach campaigns and talent source networks in coordination with the Talent Acquisition team and the Communication Associate.
- Represent the organization in external talent sourcing events, including online and onsite presentations.
- Identify candidates with crisis-related experience for rapid surge response.
- Maintain contact with earmarked candidates to keep them engaged and ready for deployment.
Facilitating Knowledge Building and Sharing:
- Contribute to the design of training materials and corporate activities to enhance the recruitment capacity of UNV personnel.
- Summarize lessons learned in national UN Volunteer identification to improve VSC timeliness and quality.
- Participate in knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Provide input on identification policies, systems, and processes for continuous improvement.
- Serve as a focal point for VSC on various topics on a rotational basis.
- Perform other required duties.
- Achievement: Plans, monitors, and delivers quality work by the deadline.
- Innovation: Open to creative ideas, solves problems pragmatically.
- Continuous Learning: Curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes.
- Agility: Adapts to change, handles ambiguity, is flexible.
- Determination: Shows drive, delivers under adversity, confident.
- Engagement: Demonstrates compassion, forms positive relationships.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Respects differences, confronts discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge Generation: Turns information into useful knowledge, responsive to needs.
- Digital Awareness and Literacy: Adopts new technologies, understands their impact.
- Customer Satisfaction/Client Management: Responds timely, provides consistent solutions, adds value beyond immediate requests.
- Communication: Clear, concise communication in writing and verbally, tailored to the audience.
- Recruitment Design and Management: Ability to manage end-to-end recruitment processes.
- Talent Sourcing and Outreach: Develops strategies, mechanisms, and platforms for effective outreach.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education: Secondary education with technical training in HR, business administration, or related fields. A university degree in related areas is desirable but not required.
- Experience: 6 years of relevant experience in personnel and/or business administration, or a bachelor’s degree combined with 3 years of relevant experience. Proficiency in MS Office 365. Knowledge of UN Common System or international organizations’ conditions of service and experience in recruitment are assets. Experience with web-based management systems and working with volunteers is advantageous.
- Language: Fluency in English. Proficiency in another official UN language or a dominant language in the region is a plus.
- Continuation: Appointment beyond the initial 12 months depends on the successful completion of a probationary period.
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.