Job Grade: NaMATA/HR/25/2023
NaMATA Job Grade 9
Position: Vehicle Maintenance Officer
In this role, your specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the assigned vehicle.
- Maintaining up-to-date work tickets for vehicles.
- Cleaning and caring for the assigned motor vehicle.
- Submitting regular reports on the assigned motor vehicle.
- Reporting any mechanical issues or accidents promptly.
- Ensuring the proper mechanical working condition of the vehicle.
Requirements for Appointment:
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Driver.
- At least a mean grade of D+ (plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent.
- Possession of the Occupational Trade Test II Certificate.
- Valid Driving License with no current endorsements for the relevant vehicle classes.
- Certificate of Good Conduct (renewable after two (2) years).
- Completion of a First Aid Certificate Course lasting at least one (1) week from a recognized institution.
- A three (3) year accident-free driving record.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position by submitting the following documents:
- A cover letter indicating the Job Vacancy No.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- National Identity Card.
- Academic and Professional Certificates.
Applications should be submitted by Tuesday, 12th September, 2023 at 12:00 noon. They should include CVs with daytime contact information, current and expected salary, notice period required for appointment, and names and contacts of three (3) referees. All applications must clearly indicate the Job Vacancy No. on the envelope.
The Director General, Nairobi Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (NaMATA), P. O. Box 30117 – 00100, NAIROBI
Or emailed to: email@example.com or hand-delivered and placed in the Recruitment Box on the 6th Floor.
Applicants who qualify are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and obtain and submit valid clearance certificates from the following organizations upon receiving an offer of appointment:
- Individual Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
- An Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
NaMATA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons living with disabilities (PWDs), women, and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation, or requested details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org