United Nations Office
In this role, you will:
- Conduct surveys and measurements for both existing and new buildings and infrastructure projects.
- Create cost estimates, bills of quantities, and schedules of rates to aid client reviews, decision-making, and tender preparation.
- Collaborate with various engineering disciplines (structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing) for project components.
- Develop technical cost data, including materials, sizes, dimensions, and quantities, to be included in project tender documents.
- Estimate costs for new construction, building refurbishment, and infrastructure systems to assess project feasibility.
- Coordinate with other engineers and specialists to solve problems and exchange cost-related data.
- Investigate and provide cost estimates for improved designs and construction techniques.
- Generate cost data for facilities, construction projects, furniture, fittings, and equipment.
- Analyze project proposals, contractor valuations, quotations, and change order requests for cost efficiency and feasibility.
- Research new technical systems to enhance cost estimation and identify improved methods and equipment.
- Manage and control project costs to ensure they align with budget and quality standards.
- Collect, analyze, and visualize data through graphs, charts, and reports for data-driven decision-making.
- Exhibit professionalism by applying project management and construction contract administration knowledge.
- Show dedication to work, professional competence, and mastery of subject matter.
- Plan and organize tasks, set clear goals, allocate resources efficiently, and adapt plans as needed.
- Take ownership of responsibilities, deliver outputs within set standards, and adhere to regulations.
- Possess an advanced university degree in a relevant field or a first-level degree with additional experience.
- Consider obtaining professional certifications and registration with relevant institutes.
- Ideally, complete programs in data analytics, business analytics, or data science.
- Have a minimum of five years of experience in quantity surveying, construction, engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrate expertise in project preparation, implementation, and supervision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (or Revit) is necessary.
- Prior experience within the UN systems or international organizations is advantageous.
- Two or more years of experience in data analytics is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of French is desirable. Proficiency in another UN language is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.