- Our client is a manufacturing company based in Nyeri. They seek to hire a Cost Accountant who will manage and perform daily accounting tasks that will support their financial team
- Maintaining account receivable and payable ledgers, files and records.
- Generating invoices, debtor account statements and ensuring the accounts are reconciled and maintained within the agreed terms.
- Performing debtor account reconciliations, investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries thereto.
- Assisting in debt follow-up for the over-due accounts.
- Generating receivable and payable reports as may be required.
- Reconciling supplier accounts and preparing payments thereto.
- Performing bank reconciliations for assigned M-pesa tills and bank accounts.
- Ensure that records comply with laws and regulations.
- Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, ensure prompt payment
- Timely posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are up to date
- Provide direction during stock take so as to ensure proper revenue reporting
- Ensure all statutory details are accurate and paid on time
- Assist in preparation of management reports.
- Petty Cash Issuance and control and reconciliations
- Monthly stock takes and reconciliation of Variances and follow up with relevant team for variance explanation and clearance
- Daily confirmation of the production report posting
- Undertake all other role or assignment given by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is desirable
- A minimum of CPA section 4 or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Must have experience in FMCG or manufacturing
- Be an excellent team player with excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
- Good knowledge of computer accounting software
- Strong communication and
- Good organizational skills
- Be self-directed and self‐motivated.
- Be detail oriented, organized and accurate.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with numbers and understand a broad range of common
- Possess computer skills, including a working knowledge of common software programs.
- Taxation savvy.
- Can do administrative duties.
- Critical thinker who can work independently.
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Cost Accountant-Chaka) to email@example.com before 6th November 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org