Basic Function of the Position
- Responsible for basic manual duties including proper loading, unloading, packing and care of property transported to and from Embassy, residences and locations outside Nairobi including Mombasa and Kisumu. Supervision is provided by FSN-5 Foreman.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares furniture and equipment for transfer by covering items with protective wrappings and carefully loading and securing items in Embassy vehicles for transport. Upon delivery, co-ordinates with receiving parties for checks required and proper placement. Unloads vehicles utilizing proper handling equipment to avoid damage to the non-expendable or expendable items… (30% of Time)
- Unloads expendable and non-expendable items and equipment being received at the warehouse for storage and utilizes material handling equipment (MHE) to position in the proper storage locations based on the storage plan, stacking requirements and floor load capacity. Inspects items for damage and cleanliness and provides protective covering for long term storage. Moves and reposition items between warehouse storage areas as required and stored in the correction locations. Assists the accountable property unit (APU) and expendable team in the annual inventory exercise… (30% of Time)
- Upon receipt of requisitions for furniture, supplies and equipment, locates items in the warehouse storage area and transfers them to the loading area utilizing material handling equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks and pallet jacks. Inspects the items for damage and cleanliness to ensure they are in proper condition for issuance… (25% of Time)
- Keeps storage areas warehouse space and stored items clean by dusting, sweeping, washing and disposal of trash to the respective bins. Informs the warehouse supervisor of potential fire and safety hazards, pest infestation, water intrusion or other conditions that may cause employees injury or damage to stored materials. Performs minor cleaning of the official tents and party supplies as well as other related duties assigned by the warehouse supervisor…
- (15% of Time)
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- One year of warehouse experience is required.
- Must know location of supplies, equipment, furniture and property items stored in the warehouse by sight, oral description, national tock numbers, or non-expendable property (NEPA) number. Must learn location of offices and residences in addition to basic General Services office procedures.
- Completion of elementary school is required
- Level III English (Good working Knowledge, reading/speaking/writing) (This may be tested), and Level III Kiswahili (Good working Knowledge, speaking/reading/writing) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to perform moderate physical labor over long periods and heavy physical labor for short durations.
- Must be able to operate Materials Handling Equipment (MHE)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.