Save the Children
The main objective of this role is to lead and offer top-notch operational and technical support for applications and systems at Save the Children International. This support is directed towards both the organization’s customers and internal business functions. The goal is to minimize the negative impact of incidents and problems on the business, prevent the recurrence of incidents, and ensure the safe deployment of changes to production systems. The person in this role will oversee the Problem Management process, working towards reducing recurring issues.
In situations involving major humanitarian emergencies, the individual in this role will be expected to go beyond their regular responsibilities and adjust their working hours as needed.
Scope of the Role:
The Application Services Analyst will collaborate closely with teams based in different countries, regions, and at the central level. Their responsibilities include resolving support tickets raised through the service desk system, providing analytical insights on the organization’s enterprise applications, and ensuring reliable systems are available to all Save the Children International (SCI) countries and participating members.
This role reports to the Global Applications Team Leader.
This is a global position focused on supporting and delivering Global Applications across more than 60 countries, with potential expansion to include SCA members in the future. The role involves providing implementation and support services to ensure the stable functioning of Save the Children’s applications. This encompasses expert consultancy, continuous service improvements, application support, accepting new software releases, and transitioning them to ensure optimal system availability and end-to-end business process integration. The role also involves scheduling and managing activities to resolve software and integration issues promptly and accurately.
Challenge and Responsibilities:
As Save the Children continues to move systems to the cloud and expand into Shared Services, the successful applicant for this role will face the challenge of supporting Global Application Services in a dynamic 24/7 organization. The challenge includes collaborating with business units, external suppliers, consultants, and internal Subject Matter Experts to swiftly resolve service incidents. This person must perform root cause analysis, utilize problem management processes, and ensure incidents are resolved within defined IT Service Levels. They will also be responsible for managing software releases and significant product enhancements via the Change Management process to protect the production environment.
The role will involve:
- Demonstrating proactive service management for Global Systems.
- Driving continuous service improvements.
- Providing expert consultancy for Global Systems and services.
- Adapting to evolving services with innovative thinking and learning.
- Collaborating within a team framework using the ITIL framework.
- Exhibiting strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in high-pressure situations.
- Possessing a solid understanding of System Environments and Configuration Management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for global application users, working with staff globally to optimize the use of core applications for efficient and effective operations.
- Generating reports and data extracts using appropriate tools and processes in alignment with business needs.
- Enhancing and optimizing developed reports.
- Managing system administration tasks.
- Advising global user teams on best practices for using applications according to SCI global standards.
- Documenting system changes as approved.
- Assisting with onboarding new country offices that will share Save the Children platforms.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to capture new business requirements and prioritize them for future development.
- Shared responsibility for providing support to global users at various levels.
- Taking ownership of and resolving all application-related support tickets within specified SLAs.
- Escalating unresolved tickets to higher support levels or vendor support mechanisms and tracking issues to resolution.
- Occasionally conducting regression testing to ensure ongoing operational integrity.
In collaboration with the Software Quality Assurance Analyst, the role includes participation in user regression testing and ensuring that test feedback is documented in the bug tracking system.
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for decisions, efficient resource management, and exemplifying Save the Children’s values. Holding the team and partners accountable for their responsibilities and ensuring performance improvement and accountability.
- Ambition: Setting ambitious goals, encouraging personal development, and motivating others. Sharing a vision for Save the Children, thinking strategically on a global scale.
- Collaboration: Building and maintaining effective relationships, valuing diversity, and being approachable and attentive.
- Creativity: Encouraging innovative solutions and being willing to take calculated risks.
- Integrity: Being honest, transparent, and maintaining the highest levels of integrity.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience, with at least 2 years proven experience as a Level 2 application support analyst or in a similar technical support role.
- Knowledge of ITIL and incident management processes.
- Strong experience in web/collaborative development and support.
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory and DNS.
- Proficiency with collaborative/training applications like MS Teams.
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g., MS SQL server).
- Cultural awareness and experience in delivering global web solutions catering to local needs.
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English, including technical and non-technical communication.
- Demonstrated instances of initiative leading to organizational benefits.
- Strong customer service orientation and follow-up skills.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Quick learner when it comes to new web/collaborative systems and applications.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Understanding of basic networking and infrastructure concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS and/or Apache.
- Project Management experience or knowledge.
- Experience in international activities or the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency with Office365 administration.
- Experience with DATIX.
- Familiarity with Azure Administration and support.
- Experience with ERP/Financial management systems.
- Proficiency in programming languages, database management systems, and system integrations is a plus.
- Auditing skills or experience.
- Administrator-level knowledge of SharePoint 2010/2013/Online.
- Administrator-level knowledge of Jira.
- Experience working with offshore project team members.
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.