Innovations for Poverty Action
About the Project:
- In collaboration with Good Business (GB) and Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Kenya, the principal investigators (PIs) is conducting a randomized evaluation of SKY – a broad resilience building and empowerment platform, and social marketing multimedia program focused on adolescent girls (12-19 years) in Africa.
- As part of this project, data will be collected, and impact evaluations will be carried out in order to evaluate the effectiveness of education-entertainment as a way to empower girls and address public health issues.
- This study aims to help policymakers to design more effective education-entertainment interventions.
About the Position:
- The Field Officer under the general supervision of the Senior Field Officer within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures will primarily be responsible for the collection of high-quality in the field.
- Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Field Officer, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Senior Field Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data collection using SurveyCTO; assist with translations, and piloting surveys, with minimal supervision and adhering to the study protocol.
- Ensure proper screening of respondents for identification and administration of informed consent.
- Interacting with study respondents and project partners with the highest level of integrity and understanding.
- Providing feedback during debriefs on data collection and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements on the survey tool.
- Ensure that data integrity is maintained always and minimize errors in data collection and transmission.
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner including keeping logs of work accomplished and callbacks as assigned by the SFO and the SKY Evaluation management.
- Maintain project inventory (electronic devices, stationery, etc.) in a safe and secure manner, frequently updating the SFO and SKY Evaluation management on their status.
- FO will be required to attend intensive training prior to data collection and thereafter as may be required.
- Other tasks as assigned by the SFO/RA/ARM
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- 1-2 years of field research experience.
- Previous experience in translation and survey administration.
- Previous experience collecting data in a school setup.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection at various levels (planning, piloting, and collecting)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently under minimum supervision.
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English and Swahili languages
- Previous tablet-based survey experience/computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment with great interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit poverty-action.formstack.com.