World Health Organization
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Under the direct supervision of Operations Officer, the incumbent is expected to provide, efficient procurement, shipping and logistical services, in consistency with WHO rules and regulations.
- The Administrative Assistant will provide full range of procurement and shipping services covering all end-to-end processes to be implemented in and outside GSM. He/she will ensure efficient, cost-effective and transparent utilization of resources.
- Broad guidance is provided by supervisor or other professional staff or through general objectives and instructions regarding resource allocation, clusters/programmes needs and priorities.
Description Of Duties
- Draft and type routine correspondence and documents relating to shipping activities in accordance with standard office procedures.
- Prepare donation certificate for signature and filed receipted files
- Ensure that copies of purchase orders, shipping documents and receiving reports are dispatched to concerned Project Managers.
- Check the delivery status, receipt status, payment status, supplier’s information and generate internal copy of Purchase Order in GSM.
- Maintain and update records related to shipping documents/receiving reports, claim documents and insurance.
- Initiate financial commitment document in the GSM (ERP)for payments to supplier
- Review and analyze information contained in quotations or proposals from suppliers as required by WHO rules.
- Track the status of requisitions and updates procurement tracker.
- Respond to Requestors and Suppliers enquiries about status of orders, charges, and cancellations.
- Assist in the management of LTAs signed by the office and ensures they are evaluated and renewed timely.
- Communicate regularly with suppliers regarding WHO rules and procedures on invoices payment and VAT exemptions.
- Initiate purchase requisitions in the GSM (ERP).
- Support emergency project implementation as regards procurement of supplies and commodities
- Carry out any other related tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor or any other delegated authority
- Essential: Completion of Secondary education or Equivalent Technical training or Commercial education with specialization in Procurement, Shipping & Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Desirable: Diploma/ Higher Education in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, will be an added advantage
- Experience: At least three years’ experience in Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Shipping, Logistics, at the national and international NGO/UN Agencies.
- Sound knowledge of the principles, practice, business processes and techniques in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Ability to collect, analyze and make sound recommendations for decision making
- Ability to monitor and communicate progress, write concise reports regarding procurement and shipping activities
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Good understanding of Procurement rules and business processes
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing Results
- Ensuring effective use of resources
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.