The purpose of the role is to identify and analyse the areas of potential risk threatening the assets, earning capacity or success of the Digital financing and investing activities. The role shall, working with other stakeholders to establish effective mitigants to these risks. The role will also monitor the Digital Credit portfolio to ensure full compliance with Credit Policy, Banking Act, and CBK prudential guidelines; preparation of monthly and quarterly portfolio reports to management and CBK; support of credit information system (CreditQuest); review and recommendation of credit requests for approval; maintenance of MIS for credit facility renewals. He/she will also manage the portfolio of accounts with the intention of monitoring acceptable credit risk (including any recoveries) and maximizing the bank’s return from each client.
- Credit Policy review and implementation
- Financial Risk Management of the Digital Assets portfolio
- Credit approval and Portfolio Management
- Research, Product Development & Project Management
Credit Policy Review & Implementation:
- Support in the formulation and constant review of the Bank’s Credit Policy and establishment of a regime of controls and disciplines that ensures compliance with lending principles and guidelines laid down in the Credit Policy Document.
- Review existing credit policy guidelines and procedures to ensure they are consistent with prudent credit policy procedures and with external (Central Bank of Kenya) prudential guidelines.
- Ensure a consistent approach in assessing Digital Credit risk by developing relevant risk assessment templates for use by the business.
- Consider proposed business digital lending decisions and advise on expected impact/feasibility.
Financial Risk Management of the Digital Assets portfolio:
- Partners with leaders in their assigned Line of Business, Risk/Compliance/Audit (RCA) Consultants, and other Managers to, depending on the function, oversee the successful creation, implementation, and maintenance of an effective risk management framework for the Digital lending portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining credit scoring algorithms for the Digital Credit products.
- Calculating the risk associated with the Digital Credit portfolio of assets and liabilities.
- Developing appropriate benchmarks for all financial risks arising from Digital financing and investing activities.
- Preparing feasibility assessments and business plans to advise on potential new markets or new products.
- Conduct statistical analysis to evaluate risk and making recommendations to reduce/control risk, which may involve an insurance strategy.
- Proactively and strategically lead efforts to identify risks for proposed changes and work closely with partners to address risk and/or escalate to leadership as required.
Credit Approvals & Portfolio Management:
- Champion digital lending and determine opportunities for improving business processes through automation.
- Review the underwriting criteria and decisioning for digital lending to ensure that all credit proposals and applications submitted comply with credit policy / CBK prudential guidelines.
- Minimize NPL and ensure it is maintained at organization’s acceptable level.
- Deliver automation on credit control key processes to enhance efficiency.
- Offer Level 2 Customer support for specific queries associated digital lending concerns that may involve but not limited to System, data management & underwriting decisions.
- Design and development of effective credit risk management models for the mobile lending product.
- Use his/her customer experience and/or credit expertise to efficiently serve customers at every point of their lending journey and ensure prompt resolution to issues raised.
- Monitor transactions and prepare regular reports detailing loans closed and funded through the online application process as well as applications taken through the digital channels.
- Conduct a Risk based analysis and scoring of customers to ensure it to meets the bank standards for MCC and Board decision making.
- Review prevailing economic trends, and risk and ensure revenue relating to provision of credit are being charged and collected.
- Safeguarding the institution against loss by ensuring accuracy, completeness and credit worthiness of all digital borrowing customers and recommend appropriate risk mitigation mechanisms to minimize losses.
- Approvals of credit proposals within delegated limit from all the branches and Head office Business teams to ensure that all approval decisions meet the agreed SLA between the credit department and business.
- Provide a high level of service to the internal customer based on accuracy, responsiveness and turnaround time.
- Provide liaison with Debt recovery unit, and Legal department on recovery of debts.
- Credit portfolio management by advising and supporting Branches on actions to take in recovering and monitoring portfolio at risk in order to maintain low PAR as per set targets.
Research, Product Development & Project Management:
- Continuous research and testing to ensure effectiveness of the credit risk models, policies and tools in use by the business. Conduct sanity checks on the day to day operations of the Digital Lending Solutions as well as ensuring the resolution of issues are within the SLAs stipulated.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external vendors on validation of executed change processes with respect to Business Policy Rules and system enhancements.
- Support with system user acceptance testing & offer Business Units support and training in all bank Digital Lending Solutions.
- Provide support and training continually to bank staff on new systems, products and policy updates.
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or Business Administration. Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations.
- Relevant professional qualification in Credit Management, Accounting or Banking qualification (AKIB).
- Minimum 7 years working experience in Banking.
- At least 5 years banking experience, lending/credit approvals and Credit Analysis will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of various functions of the Bank set up i.e. Digital lending, collections/ loan workouts for NPAs, Operations, Trade Finance, Treasury and Credit Operations (including Securities and Credit Administration).
- Professional Banking qualification (ACIB) or Credit Administration/Credit Monitoring will be an added advantage
- Proven track record of consistently meeting set targets.
- Versatility, flexibility, passion and commitment to quality service delivery.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of both Credit and IT policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact Digital business.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced understanding of branch systems and digital applications.
- Good understanding of CBK regulatory framework and IFRS 9 financial standards.
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Solid performance management and motivational skills.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong planning, analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking and project management skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills of processes, projects and people.
To apply for this job please visit sidianbank.co.ke.