Kiambu County Government
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES ASSISTANT 1 – JOB GROUP CPSB 09 (K) – (1POST)
This position is responsible for assisting in the coordination of weights and measures activities to ensure fair trade practices in the county.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sample pre-packaged goods for control and manufacture of weighing and measuring equipment;
- Compare working standards against Secondary Reference Standards and calibration of testing equipment, standards and equipment used by manufacturers and repairers;
- Maintain records of seized and forfeited goods and instituting criminal proceedings in court;
- Carry out research in specific areas of legal metrology and consumer protection;
- Carry out verification of weighing and measuring equipment used by local authorities and other government institutions to ensure accuracy;
- Carry out inspection on internal control by manufacturer and measuring systems including software for data processing and measuring results;
- Test and stamp of weighing & measuring equipment;
- Keeping records of verified weighting and measuring equipment;
- Account for revenue collected during verification of weights and measures exercises.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Bachelors’ degree in any of the following fields; Mechanical/ Chemical/Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation and Micro-processors Engineering, Computer Science/ICT or relevant equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Working knowledge of computer-based applications;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Report writing skills;
- Three (3) years of service or a comparable position from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge of Current legislation affecting the job holder’s area of responsibility.
- Satisfies the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Salary: As set by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC).
Method of Application
All applicants should submit their applications cover letter together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
County Government of Kiambu
P O Box 2362 – 00900
- ALL applications should be hand delivered in a sealed envelope, clearly marking on top of the envelope the position applied for, and dropped in the specific box provided at County Public Service Board offices, Room 103, first floor at Thika Sub-County offices between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays.
- Applications should reach the Board on or before Friday 8th September, 2023.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity card, academic and professional certificates and submit clearance from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- County Government of Kiambu is an equal opportunity employer, women, youth and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
- The Board and the County Government of Kiambu is committed to Zero tolerance to Corruption. We CAUTION applicants and their families not to fall victim of fraudsters and impersonators who solicit for money with a promise to secure them jobs in the County Government. The Board shall bear no responsibility for any personal loss arising from such unlawful dealings. Report any of such cases to the Police.