Kitengela International School
We’re seeking qualified teachers in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Kiswahili, Geography, Mathematics, History, Religion, Global Perspective, ICT, Music, Physical Health Education, French, and Arts to join our dedicated team of educators at our British International Curriculum School. As a teacher, your role will involve sparking students’ interest in education and personal development. Responsibilities include grading assignments, assessing students’ progress, planning educational activities, and fulfilling any other duties assigned by the school’s management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver exceptional lessons aligned with the British curriculum requirements.
- Foster positive, professional relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Develop and provide academic content, including schemes of work, lesson plans, assignments, and other necessary professional documents for effective curriculum delivery.
- Create a learning-friendly classroom environment tailored to students’ maturity and interests.
- Infuse joy and enthusiasm for learning to make academic experiences exciting for students.
- Maintain accountability for students’ performance and academic standards at all stages.
- Integrate interactive technology to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set ambitious goals for students, provide effective feedback, and ensure consistent rewards/consequences for student behavior.
- Meet the goals of a rapidly-growing organization.
- Support school programs, including behavior interventions, and serve as a teacher on duty or boarding teacher when needed.
- Timely record students’ academic data and communicate progress to families and stakeholders.
- Step in as a classroom teacher when required.
- Must be registered with the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Education for EYFS, KS1, and KS2 teachers.
- Relevant Degree in Education for KS3 – KS5 teachers.
- Minimum of 4 years’ teaching experience in an international school.
- Proficiency in IT.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player, ready to support colleagues.
- Problem-solving ability, with a willingness to find appropriate solutions.
Desired Competencies and Attributes
- High passion for teaching.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Creativity to engage learners.
- Excellent analytical skills and presentation ability.
- Willingness to learn and openness to receiving feedback.
Method of Application
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you.
Kindly send a copy of your updated resume and letter of application in PDF format indicating clearly your Teaching Subjects to email@example.com not later than 10th August 2023.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kitengela International School is an equal-opportunity employer and does not ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org