Feed the Children
Position: Supply Chain Intern at Feed the Children
Supervisor: Logistics & Procurement Officer
About Feed the Children (FEED): Feed the Children is a prominent non-profit organization dedicated to combating hunger, providing essential resources to children and families in need. Our mission is to offer hope and support to those lacking life’s essentials. In Kenya, we operate in both urban and rural areas across three counties: Turkana, Samburu, and Kajiado. Our work encompasses all four areas of the Child-Focused Community Development (CFCD) program.
Job Purpose: Feed the Children (Kenya) is seeking a versatile intern to join the Procurement & Logistics unit at our Kenya Country office in Gigiri, Nairobi, for a 3-month period. The intern will assist the unit in various assigned activities, primarily supporting the Procurement & Logistics Officer in tasks such as raising quotations, analyzing quotes, and preparing tender and procurement documents.
- Support the Procurement & Logistics Department in efficient supply acquisition under direct supervision.
- Assist in invoice processing in coordination with the Finance Office and facilitate communication with service providers to expedite the process.
- Contribute to planning and implementing innovative supply chain operations, initiatives, and services to ensure cost-effectiveness and time efficiency.
- Provide technical advice, identifying opportunities for improvement and innovation by analyzing best practices from the humanitarian and private sectors.
- Assist in managing vendors, including performance monitoring.
- Participate in tender and quotation activities, including evaluation.
- Contribute to stock-taking, inventory, and reconciliation.
- Scan and upload various procurement documents to the cloud storage system.
- Maintain the filing of documents, including quotations, minutes, and contracts.
- Take meeting minutes as needed.
- Aid in quote analysis, LPO (Local Purchase Order) preparation, vendor performance evaluation, and documentation.
- Prepare regular supply chain updates and maintain supply chain dashboards.
- Assist in monitoring the inventory management process, tracking trends, and accounting for inventory status from receipt to dispatch.
- Facilitate the filing of contract documents and ensure completeness per respective checklists.
- Assist in preparing reports, solicitation documents, and contracts.
- Help in the receipt, verification, and acceptance of procured goods and services.
- Assist in updating asset records and periodic verification.
- Perform other Proc & Logistics related tasks as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or a relevant field.
- Graduated no more than 1 year ago from a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent studies.
- Membership in CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) or KISM (Kenya Institute of Supplies Management).
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written English is required.
Terms and Conditions:
- FEED does not cover living expenses, accommodation, or related costs.
- Duration of the internship is 3 months, full-time.
- Internship selection is based on competitive merit and qualifications.
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- FEED is committed to providing a work environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse, discrimination, harassment, and abuse of authority. Rigorous reference and background checks will be conducted on all selected candidates.
How to Apply: If you meet the above requirements, please send your application and detailed CV to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org