SOS Children's Villages
The Sponsorship Officer, reporting to the Sponsorship Coordinator, plays a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and high-quality management of Sponsorship activities. The role encompasses maintaining existing sponsors and creating compelling reports for new sponsors. The Sponsorship Officer is guided by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) principles, acting in the best interest of the child.
Digital Content Development – Photography and Videography:
- Develop digital content in the form of photos and videos for uploading onto the DS app and IG ADAM as required by the International Sponsorship Office.
- Assist in developing the SPO LAB Digital Content at the facility level.
- Review individual children’s pictures to ensure they meet standards before printing and dispatch to sponsors.
- Ensure accurate duplication, labeling, and sending of photographs to corresponding sponsors.
Communication – Quality Sponsorship Communications:
- Craft communication that is participatory and reflects the child’s perspective.
- Prepare Mid and End-year reports that truly mirror the child’s holistic development, are high-quality, and engaging for recipients.
- Download and print all End of Year reports from the DS app for sponsors. Prepare Christmas mail (photos, drawings, and cards) to accompany the End of Year report.
- Ensure precise and timely communication to both sponsors and facilities.
- Ensure prompt responses to correspondence from the International Office, sponsors, and children.
- Create child profiles as per international office requests.
- Review and forward parcels and letters from sponsors to respective villages quarterly.
Sponsorship Software and Policy Guidelines:
- Utilize IG ADAM and DS app software for information and updates on Sponsorship.
- Comply with the International Sponsorship Guidelines for operating the Sponsorship Software.
- Follow the Sponsorship Services International Policy Support Document and related Guidelines to enhance quality.
- Acknowledge parcels and letters through the DS app.
- Upload departure, registration, photos, and progress sponsorship letters on the DS app.
Data Monitoring and Documentation:
- Maintain an organized documentation system for the Sponsorship Department and provide feedback to the Sponsorship Coordinator.
- Ensure all children’s and young person’s files have necessary legal documentation.
- Regularly update the DS app.
- Cultivate relationships with international sponsors to ensure ongoing support.
- Promote teamwork within the department and among coworkers.
- Assist children and young persons in understanding their role in contributing to the Sponsorship program during monitoring and evaluation.
- Draft memos, take minutes during sponsorship meetings, and provide responses to inquiries.
Capacity Building – Learning & Knowledge Sharing:
- Support the implementation of outlined Guidelines in the Sponsorship Policy Documents.
- Conduct training during Sponsorship Facility visits for SOS mothers and coworkers.
- Assist in facilitating the annual Sponsorship Workshop for Sponsorship Co-workers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business related/ Journalism and Communication studies.
- Proficiency in Computer applications, Photography, Videography, and Editing.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the sponsorship field.
- Previous experience in handling sponsorship work in child-focused organizations is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Upholds high standards of conduct, ethics, integrity, judgment, independence, and confidentiality.
- Strong personal organization and planning skills.
If you meet the job specifications, please send a Cover Letter and an updated CV in PDF format to email@example.com. Provide details of three referees, including one immediate former employer, by August 31, 2023. The subject line of the email should read ‘Sponsorship Officer.’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org