Nursing Services Quality Assurance Officer
As the Quality Assurance Officer for Nursing Services, you will play a crucial role in coordinating Equity Afia’s quality assurance initiatives as part of the QA team. Your primary objective will be to establish and maintain quality standards and procedures, with a focus on implementing robust quality management systems for the clinical services offered by Equity Afia.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Head of Clinical Services to develop and implement a formal clinical quality and patient safety program.
- Driving the development and implementation of comprehensive care strategies, initiatives, and programs that enhance the quality of patient care and contribute to growth.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the HR department to ensure an effective staff management process for the facilities.
- Ensuring that clinical staff are up-to-date with the latest clinical information and practices.
- Ensuring that clinical operations comply with established standards and regulations.
- Participating in budget development to allocate resources effectively.
- Supporting the procurement processes of clinical items for the medical centers.
- Conducting internal and external controls to monitor the performance of the nursing section, taking prompt action to maintain quality service.
- Auditing compliance and conducting scheduled and random audits of Equity Afia clinics.
- Providing advice to the Head of Clinical Services on unfavorable trends in unmet indicators, recommending timely remedial actions.
- Leading Equity Afia clinics in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and implementing preventive/corrective actions.
- Identifying and leveraging opportunities for continuous quality improvement and process reengineering to optimize operational efficiency and patient care at Equity Afia facilities.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following academic and professional qualifications:
- A Diploma in Nursing or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- A background in Quality or Health Services Management would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in clinical practice.
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing quality management systems in a busy clinical setup.
- Membership and a valid license from a professional body such as the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Proficiency in MS Office, excellent data analytical skills, and the ability to create compelling presentations and reports.
- In-depth understanding of good clinical practice requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the quality and efficiency of clinical services provided by Equity Afia while contributing to the organization’s growth and success.
To apply for this job please visit equitybank.taleo.net.