Laboratory Services Quality Assurance Officer
As the Quality Assurance Officer for Laboratory Services, you will play a vital role in coordinating Equity Afia’s laboratory quality assurance initiatives as part of the QA team. Your main focus will be to establish and maintain quality standards and procedures, aiming to implement robust quality management systems for the clinical services provided by Equity Afia.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Head of Clinical Services to develop and implement a formal clinical quality and patient safety program.
- Monitoring the implementation of the clinical safety program within the laboratory department.
- Driving the development and implementation of comprehensive care strategies, initiatives, and programs that enhance the quality of patient care and contribute to growth.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the HR department to ensure an effective staff management process for the facilities.
- Ensuring that clinical staff are well-informed with up-to-date clinical information and practices.
- Ensuring that laboratory operations comply with established standards and regulations.
- Implementing continuous medical education programs for laboratory staff across the Equity Afia network.
- Initiating an annual budget plan to fund the laboratory quality programs.
- Assisting in the procurement processes of clinical items for the medical centers.
- Conducting internal and external controls to monitor the performance of the laboratory section and taking prompt action to maintain quality service.
- Monitoring the implementation of safety programs in the department.
- Ensuring that all incidents are properly documented, investigated, and resolved, and implementing preventive measures to minimize potential occurrences.
- Maintaining communication with accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Conducting compliance audits and scheduled as well as random audits of Equity Afia clinics.
- Providing advice to the Head of Clinical Services on unfavorable trends in unmet indicators, recommending timely remedial actions.
- Leading Equity Afia clinics in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and implementing preventive/corrective actions.
- Identifying and leveraging opportunities for continuous quality improvement and process reengineering to optimize operational efficiency and patient care at Equity Afia facilities.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following academic and professional qualifications:
- A Diploma, Higher Diploma, or BSc in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- A background in Quality or Health Services Management would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in a busy medical laboratory setting.
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing quality management systems in a busy clinical setup.
- Membership and a valid license from a professional body such as the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologies and Technicians Board.
- Strong knowledge of Laboratory quality accreditation systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office, excellent data analytical skills, and the ability to create compelling presentations and reports.
- In-depth understanding of good clinical practice requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the quality and efficiency of clinical services provided by Equity Afia while contributing to the overall growth and success of the organization.
To apply for this job please visit equitybank.taleo.net.