Job Vacancy Announcement: CPSB 07/23 (E)
Type of Appointment: Three (3) years contract
Salary: A fixed monthly salary of Thirty-Five Thousand Shillings (Kshs.35,000)
Role and Responsibilities: In this role, the officer will work under the guidance of a senior professional. Responsibilities at this level include:
- Decontaminating working benches
- Reviewing laboratory requisition forms and specimens
- Preparing clients for specimen collection
- Receiving, labeling, and registering specimens
- Disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis
- Preparing reagents and stains
- Examining specimens and recording results
- Dispatching results for clinical use
- Performing blood grouping and issuing blood products
- Properly storing blood products as required
Requirements for the Role: To be eligible for this position, candidates must have:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Registration Certificate from the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- Valid Practicing License from the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should download the application form and detailed requirements from the Embu County website: www.embu.go.ke. Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Ensure the vacancy number is indicated on both the envelope and the application form.
- Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any recruitment fee.
- Candidates found canvassing will be automatically disqualified.
- Shortlisted candidates will need to provide chapter six documents during the interview, including clearance documents from:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
Application Deadline: All applications should be submitted to the following address on or before 18th August, 2023:
THE CEO/SECRETARY EMBU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O BOX 2871- 60100, EMBU
To apply for this job please visit www.embu.go.ke.