Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- The hotel guests can indulge in an array of exciting outdoor activities including animal orphanage visits, destination dining, bongo tracking, horse riding in the forest/conservancy, phenomenal breakfasts at the slopes of Mount Kenya, and open fire dinner concepts at the foothills of the Mountain. Moreover, the F&B offerings include an all-day dining restaurant, a fine dining grill restaurant, a bar, and banquets/wedding destinations.
- Ensure personal safety by wearing protective gear where appropriate.
- Switch on all laundry utilities; water, electricity, steam and compressed air.
- Arrange all flatwork which is free from dirt and stains for ironing at the calendar ironer.
- Ensure a first-in-first-out system of flat work.
- Pass items through the calendar as per laid down procedures ensuring hems and corners are straightened.
- Fold items that are free from stains, dirt, dampness, tears, and creases as per set standards.
- Arrange all, ready linen neatly in the linen room shelves.
- Iron shirts ensuring the finished product is free from stains, dirt, dampness and creases. Ensure no damage of buttons.
- Report faults in machines and pieces of equipment.
- Consult superiors in case of any doubts or difficulties.
- Press the colleagues uniform every day within the acceptable timelines and ensure that its ready by the time each colleague is reporting to work.
- Maintain the work area and machines clean every day before and at close of business.
- Report any machine breakdown to the Laundry Supervisor or Manager as soon as possible for follow up and in their absence to the Chief Engineer or his Assistant.
- Maintains good customer relations to keep business level high.
- Ensures customers’ instructions are strictly fulfilled, taking extra care to timeliness of collection or delivery.
- Sort out all ironing items as per ironing needs.
- Performs any other duty as assigned your supervisor or management.
- Diploma in Housekeeping and Laundry Operations
- Proven work experience as a Laundry Attendant or similar role
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Be part of creating the historic story of rehabilitating and releasing the rare Mountain Bongo that was heading toward extinction.
- Working with a hotel rich in history and known for exemplary services while growing your career
- Work and learn in a luxury property
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.