Danish Refugee Council
Overall purpose of the role:
The Finance Intern will provide support to the Country Office Finance department in Payment processing, Journal preparation and documentation, and in compliance with DRC Operation Handbook and donor rules.
Duties & Responsibilities: Responsibilities:
- Register and scan all invoices and all invoices documentation into DRC Dynamics at point of payment (Invoice Stagging).
- Maintain electronic files of scanned documents.
- Preparation of all relevant journals into DRC Dynamics.
- Confirm that all documents are complete and duly authorized before processing payments.
- Maintain a proper filing system of all financial documents within the Country Office.
- Assist with Cash & Bank reconciliations.
- Retrieve documents required during audits, working closely with audit focal person.
- Back filling for the Finance Officer and the Finance Assistant during periods of absence.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, Business management or related fields and at least part I certification in CPA or ACCA
- At least one year’s relevant experience in a similar role with NGO
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Experience working with ERP systems (Dynamics) will be an added advantage
- Must be proficient in MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in English is require
Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
SMT, Programs, Support service
To apply for this job please visit job.drc.ngo.