Absa Bank Limited
To provide specialist advise and support in the generation and provision of reliable business intelligence to support key deliverables and informed decision making, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
- Regularly review and verify the accuracy of parameter settings to ensure they align with internal policies, regulatory requirements, and market conditions.
- To maintain and update essential system configurations that drive the core operations of the bank, contributing to the overall reliability and quality of the services provided to customers.
- To Identify and rectify any system inconsistencies promptly.
- To design, track, avail and maintain Technology & business reports from the different business systems.
- To develop ad hoc reports, extracts and dashboards as required by different business units for actioning.
Accountability: Parameter Maintenance 25%
- The primary responsibility is for maintaining parameters on applications to ensure that Technology can effectively meet targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- The accountability also has a responsibility of analysing existing parameter set up issues and problems to determine ways to maximize on system capabilities.
- The accountability has the responsibility of ensuring that new parameters and amendment of existing parameters are thoroughly tested and signed off before effecting them onto production.
- Parameter Management: Manage and maintain the parameters within banking software and systems that control various operational processes, such as interest rates, account configurations, transaction limits, fee structures, and more.
- Data Accuracy: Regularly review and verify the accuracy of parameter settings to ensure they align with internal policies, regulatory requirements, and market conditions. Identify and rectify any inconsistencies promptly.
- System Updates: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, risk management, compliance, and product development, to implement necessary parameter updates due to regulatory changes, product enhancements, or process improvements.
- Troubleshooting: Investigate and resolve issues related to parameter discrepancies, system errors, and process interruptions. Work closely with IT teams to diagnose and resolve technical issues promptly.
- Testing and Validation: Develop and execute testing plans to validate the impact of parameter changes on the bank’s systems and processes. Ensure that changes do not disrupt existing workflows and customer experiences.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of parameter configurations, changes, and testing procedures. Keep records up to date for audit and regulatory purposes.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other teams to gather requirements for new parameter setups or modifications. Provide insights on best practices and potential impacts of parameter changes.
- Risk Management: Participate in risk assessment and management activities related to parameter changes, ensuring that all changes adhere to the bank’s risk tolerance and compliance standards.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the enhancement of parameter maintenance processes by identifying areas for automation, streamlining workflows, and optimizing data management practices.
Accountability: Logical Access Management 20%
The accountability has the responsibility of maintaining Logical Access Management on the non-core banking systems.
- Access Control Strategy: Develop and implement an effective logical access control strategy that ensures authorized personnel have appropriate access to systems, applications, and data while preventing unauthorized access.
- Access Provisioning: Manage the process of granting access rights to users based on their roles, responsibilities, and business needs, adhering to least privilege and need-to-know principles.
- Access Reviews: Conduct regular reviews of user access rights to ensure they are up-to-date, relevant, and aligned with changing job roles and responsibilities.
- Access Removal: Ensure the timely and secure removal of access rights for employees who have changed roles, left the organization, or no longer require certain privileges.
- Access Requests: Handle access requests from authorized users, following established protocols and verifying the legitimacy of requests.
- Identity Verification: Implement strong identity verification processes to confirm the authenticity of users requesting access changes or account modifications.
- Access Logging: Monitor and maintain detailed logs of user access activities, ensuring a comprehensive audit trail for security and compliance purposes.
- Segregation of Duties (SoD): Implement and enforce SoD policies to prevent conflicts of interest and unauthorized actions by requiring separation between critical functions.
- Access Policy Enforcement: Enforce access control policies, ensuring that user access aligns with security standards, regulatory requirements, and the organization’s policies.
Accountability: Management Information 20%
To maintain an accurate, up to date, comprehensive List of Reports, Reports Manual, and change request list.
To engage in a continuous rationalization of reports produced in the business to ensure that reports required are produced and those not required are dropped.
To track the Business Requirement Documents submitted by the business to completion.
- Data Compilation and Analysis: Gather, compile, and analyse complex data from various banking systems and sources to create accurate and insightful MI reports.
- Report Development: Design, develop, and maintain regular and ad-hoc MI reports that provide valuable insights into technology performance, system utilization, and operational efficiency.
- KPI Tracking: Monitor and track key performance indicators (KPIs) related to technology operations, such as system uptime, response times, incident resolution, and resource utilization.
- Data Integrity: Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data used in MI reports, implementing validation checks and data cleansing processes as necessary.
- Trend Identification: Identify trends, patterns, and anomalies within the technology-related data, offering actionable recommendations to improve systems, processes, and customer experiences.
- Stakeholder Communication: Collaborate with various stakeholders, including IT teams, senior management, and regulatory bodies, to understand information needs and deliver relevant MI insights.
- Performance Benchmarking: Compare the bank’s technology performance against industry benchmarks and best practices, highlighting areas of strength and opportunities for enhancement.
- Process Improvement: Continuously assess MI processes and reporting methodologies, suggesting enhancements to streamline data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Accountability: Test Management 15%
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments.
- Work closely with product teams, IRM and the UAT teams.
- Review new products and develop appropriate parameters
- Test new LAM requirements
- Compiles and Review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct parameterisation procedure tests
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct test review
- Coordinate live proving activities
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Accountability: Business Liaison 10%
To serve as a bridge between the technology department and business units within the bank, ensuring that technology solutions meet the specific needs of the organization while adhering to industry regulations and standards.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT.
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Accountability: Risk Management 5%
To identify, assess, and mitigate risks associated with technology operations. To also ensure the bank’s technology initiatives are aligned with risk tolerance, regulatory requirements, and industry standards, ultimately contributing to the stability and security of the organization.
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls, and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
Accountability: People Management 5%
To Identify skills gaps and training needs and create professional development plans to enhance technical and soft skills.
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for, and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader.
- Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology/Computer Science or related field (Undergraduate or higher).
- ITIL v4 Certification.
- Database Administration: Oracle/ Microsoft SQL / MySQL.
- Analytical tools: Power BI, Tableau, Proficiency level in Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT banking environment or similar role in banking environment.
- Experience in business process analysis.
- Experience in change management.
- Experience in management information reporting and data analysis.
- Experience in data mining; Oracle, Hadoop
Knowledge and Skills
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
- Negotiation Skills (Solid)
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework (Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
- Subject matter expertise (Solid)
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment (Advanced)
- Conceptual thinking skills (Solid)
- Ability to analyze, make decision and initiate act (Solid)
- Communication skills: Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences. Should be able to explain complex concepts concisely.
- Collaboration skills: Able to collaborate and work effectively with other teams and share ideas.
- Decision-making skills: Evaluate available options, consider relevant factors and potential consequences, and make informed decisions.
- Problem-solving: Able to identify and solve problems related to user access, permissions, and security in a timely and efficient manner.
- System Administration: Proficiency in system administration tasks such as user management, access controls, permissions, and security configurations. This involves managing user accounts, creating, and modifying user roles, and ensuring appropriate access levels.
- Change Management: Understands the principles of change management which includes planning and executing change requests while minimizing disruption to business operations.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Proficiency in data analysis and reporting tools, such as Microsoft Excel, SQL querying, or data visualization platforms. This includes the ability to extract, transform, and analyze data to generate meaningful insights and reports.
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.