How Can You Make an Impact?
The HR Associate, under the supervision of the Human Resources Specialist, plays a crucial role in supporting the implementation of HR services to enhance the capacity of clients in achieving their business goals. This role requires taking initiative, addressing HR-related needs, and aiding in the accomplishment of these objectives within their assigned areas.
The primary aim of this role is to provide additional support to the ESARO HR team, ensuring the continuous delivery of high-quality HR support to country offices and designated sections. It also encompasses responsibilities in other relevant areas under the role’s jurisdiction.
Recruitment, Selection, and Placement
- Assist in the effective and timely execution of recruitment processes, including attracting suitable candidates for roles.
- Support HR Business Partners (HRBPs) in various recruitment and placement activities, such as:
- Drafting compelling vacancy announcements.
- Screening applications efficiently, considering qualifications and competencies.
- Analyzing, researching, verifying, and compiling data for workforce planning reports, focusing on gender and geographical balance and other recruitment-related key performance indicators.
- Facilitating written assessments transparently and efficiently.
- Liaising with candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Assisting in finalizing the recruitment process, including notifying candidates of the outcome.
- Ensuring HR checklists are approved by the Regional Chief of HR and uploaded into the talent management system.
Learning and Development
- Support the implementation of learning and development activities and initiatives within ESARO.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff regarding learning and development inquiries.
- Act as the secretariat for the Staff Development Committee (SDC), ensuring regular meetings to discuss learning and development in ESARO.
- Offer guidance to the SDC in decision-making and approval of individual learning requests.
- Plan and facilitate agreed-upon learning sessions, including coordination with internal/external facilitators.
- Monitor learning and development activities within the regional office, including SDC-planned trainings, individual learning requests, development assignments, and completion of the orientation program.
- Manage the office orientation program and update the orientation site.
- Monitor mandatory courses and inform staff of course requirements.
- Handle invoices related to learning and development sessions.
Support in Organizational Design and Job Classification
- Assist in reviewing specific GS job descriptions (JDs) and ensuring the application of ICSC methodology.
- Submit JDs through the job classification system for review and approval by the Regional Chief of HR.
- Monitor regional classification to ensure timely processing and address any delays.
- Support HRBPs in the review and classification of ESARO JDs, including the signature process and submission to GSSC via the job classification portal.
- Archive all JDs in SharePoint for monitoring and easy access.
Administration of Consultants
- Provide guidance to sections in processing consultancies.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions related to consultancies.
- Guide staff on consultant information via the Consultancy Standard Operating Procedure (SoP).
- Collaborate with relevant HRBPs on the creation of Terms of References (ToRs).
- Assist the other HR Associate in creating contracts, communicating with recruited consultants, and coordinating with the Kenya CO HR team for seamless contract processing.
- Support contract amendments and extensions as needed.
- Assist the HR section in various administrative activities, including managing the section leave plan, handling travel arrangements, and overseeing office-related activities like office supplies.
- Manage HR email lists.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Regional Chief of HR or other HR section staff as required.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by relevant technical or university courses.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized academic institution may replace some years of related work experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources, administration, or clerical work is required.
- Experience in developing countries and familiarity with emergency situations is an advantage.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory, and knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) or a local language is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.