Choice Microfinance Bank
About the job
Choice Micro Finance Bank is a leading Micro Finance bank in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking to hire a Finance officer. This position will be based in, Nairobi County.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position entails: –
- Manage the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual financial reporting and submission as per Group’s timelines, ensuring proper controls on financial reporting in compliance with IFRS/IAS, Companies Act, and Taxation Act, IRA guidelines and the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Manage, review, and approve all payments within the board-approved limit for the bank expenses
- Manage the receivables process by ensuring adherence to Choice MFB credit policy daily/weekly tracking and reporting of receivables.
- Assist in the audit process, review the submissions for external audits and closure of audit queries.
- Manage the liquidity position of the unit ensuring accurate plan of cashflows and assists in investment of excess liquidity in line with the investment policy.
- Manage the reconciliation of all ledger accounts of the unit for accuracy of the monthly GL reconciliations and Bank reconciliations.
- Provide accurate and timely financial planning and budgeting input for the unit in compliance with the Choice MFB guidelines.
- Review the expenditure plans, track expenditure as per budget and analyze and report any significant variance to management with recommended actions. Ensuring all taxes are filled/paid in time in compliance with the relevant regulations.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting Option), Economics or a related field
- Professional Qualifications in Accounting (CPAK/ACCA)
- At least 2 years experience in a bank or any micro-finance institution
- A person of integrity with excellent analytical and report-writing skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work independently and effectively on strict deadlines.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computerized banking systems
- Have worked in a start-up and fast paced environment
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application together with a detailed resume, copies of testimonials and a daytime telephone number to the Head of Human Resources or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th September,2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com