Millennium Water Alliance
The Human Resource and Administration Officer is responsible for ensuring that HR management is conducted effectively within MWA Kenya, to achieve the organization’s objectives. The Officer will be responsible for providing responsive and high-quality service to address arising HR issues, and administration needs in all the areas of records management, contract processing, updating, and tracking HR data and reporting and processing the payroll. The officer is required to provide support in the interpretation of the HR policy. The Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Manager and work closely with the Country Representative. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel to program sites.
Responsibility 1: Human Resource
- Coordinate and support HR processes, activities, and service delivery to ensure adherence to MWA’s policies, donor guidelines, and government legal requirements including labor laws.
- Advise on HR improvements that would lead to adoption of standards and procedures that reflect best practices in the industry.
- Maintaining all staff files, regularly updating them and ensuring their safe storage.
- Ensuring confidentiality of staff information unless approved disclosure is required.
- Enhancing and implementing HR policies and Code of Conduct detailing working environment procedures, tracking performance management and leave management.
- Analysing staff capacity gaps in conjunction with departmental heads and advising on the implementation of staff capacity development plans.
- Leading staff recruitment, onboarding and exit processes.
- Support in interpretation of HR policies, practices, and procedures.
- Support the preparation of the monthly payroll and maintain staff pay plan and benefits program.
- Ensure staff welfare is adequately addressed.
- Nurture a positive working environment/culture and ensure a spirit of teamwork is upheld.
Responsibility 2: Administration
- Manage communication with the property managers for efficient running and maintenance of the office premises.
- In liaison with the Finance and Operations Manager and Country Representative, manage the office space and ensure a conducive working environment for all MWA and partner staff.
- Ensure adequate supply and proper utilization of office consumables.
- Develop and oversee an effective assets and stores management system.
- Support in organizing meetings, workshops, conferences, and flight bookings.
- Act as a reliever for the office receptionist.
- Support the Country Representative in scheduling meetings, hosting guests and timely filing of expenses.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in HR Management or Business Administration or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution. A masters will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in HR and Administration preferably with an International or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Demonstrable experience with and knowledge of labor laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices is mandatory.
- Experience in administrative duties in a busy office setting is desired.
- Experiences in undertaking executive assistant roles is desired.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications. Experience in HRIS is an added advantage.
Personal Skills & Abilities
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate with people at all levels, both internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Initiative-taking, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 3 October. 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com