- ACRE is seeking an experienced Financial Accountant responsible for carrying out the function of financial accounting efficiently and ensuring financial management support is provided to meet the needs of operations and objectives of the group effectively.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic budget forecasts.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow analyses as needed.
- Analyze monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows) and effectively convey analysis to staff as requested.
- Assist in preparing year-end accounts for audit.
- Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations for any necessary entities.
- Process vendor and statutory payments.
- Process employee reimbursements including managing employee impress charges and reconciling impress accounts.
- Reconcile bank accounts and general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding budgets, deposits, disbursement, and grant reporting requests.
- Assist in reconciling all balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as indicated by the monthly closing schedule.
- Process payroll and report payroll taxes for the organization
- Perform basic office management duties as requested.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Finance Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management (Accounting option) or a related field. Professional Qualification (CPA or ACCA) is preferred or required.
- Member of the accountancy professional body such as ICPA (U) or ACCA
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and regulations, such as GAAP or IFRS.
- Proficiency in using accounting software packages.
- Member of the accountancy professional body such as ICPA (U) or ACCA.
- At least five years of overall accounting experience.
- Experience in the public sector and donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Proven track record of professional integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with teams in the organization at all levels.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Computer knowledge and skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and Internet/email are mandatory requirements.
- Communications: Very good communication skills (spoken and written), including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences on environmental-related matters, good negotiation skills, and preparing a variety of written documents, contracts, reports, etc. in a clear, concise style.
- Teamwork: Very good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Integrity: Must be a person of proven honesty and does not tolerate corruption and unethical behaviors in all its forms and manifestations.
- Innovation: Must be a person with the ability to seek new ways of doing things efficiently to deliver value to our customers.
- Customer Centricity: Must be a person who strives to satisfy customers and clients. Should be able to understand what the customer wants and deliver it flawlessly.
- Quality: Must be a person who thinks of quality and continuous improvement in his/her work.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply by sending an application to the HR department by email attaching a detailed CV, by Friday 27th October 2023, 16:00 pm to hr@ACREAFRICA.COM.
To apply for this job email your details to hr@ACREAFRICA.COM