The main focus areas of the internship are:
- Conduct desk research on studies and evaluations related to the sustainable blue economy in Kenya, as well as other similar contexts.
- Identify potential local partners (civil society and private sector) active and/or with interest in relevant blue economy value chains, and – in collaboration with the Head of Programme – plan, hold, and document scoping meetings.
- Conduct a mapping of key actors (donors, UN bodies, academia, private sector) involved in the blue economy in Kenya and their strategic priorities.
- Compile a synopsis of research conducted, along with synthesized recommendations/actions/next steps for discussion by the HoP with the Senior Leadership Team and relevant HQ technical and fundraising focal points.
- Support the HoP and other relevant staff to draft one or more concept notes.
The key anticipated outputs of the internship are:
- Detailed report – with a concise summary – of findings/learning from relevant studies conducted; past and ongoing relevant initiatives and actions in Kenya; findings/learning from studies/research/initiatives in similar contexts; relevant actors and their strategic priorities.
- Mapping of relevant local civil society and private sector actors, with actions/recommendations.
- One or more concept notes for initiatives that DCA could support and/or jointly fundraise for.
- Good academic qualifications, including a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (Natural Sciences, Political Sciences, Social Research, Economics, Anthropology, Natural Resource Management, Monitoring and evaluation or similar).
- Strong motivation and interest in working in project research, design, and implementation in the development sector, particularly related to market systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a fast-paced, results-oriented working environment.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative.
To apply for this job please visit dca-1.career.emply.com.