The purpose of this role is to support community engagement activities and assist in the recruitment and retention of participants for a research clinic team that provides services to individuals of various ages in the general population.
- Collaborate with the clinic team to identify and recruit eligible individuals for study participation.
- Identify and facilitate activities aimed at ensuring the continued participation and retention of study participants.
- Conduct outreach initiatives to engage eligible participants.
- Attend and actively participate in training sessions, team meetings, and other relevant events as required.
- Promptly bring any problems or challenges observed during study activities to the attention of the study team.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Professional Training
- Diploma in Counseling, Social Work, Nursing, or Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Basic counseling skills.
- Fundamental IT and social media proficiency.
- Knowledge of non-communicable diseases care would be advantageous.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience directly involved in patient care or outreach, particularly in non-communicable diseases clinics or centers.
- Experience in peer support, outreach, and coordination is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Health systems.
The eligible candidates will be based in Nairobi, with frequent travel to sites within the Nairobi region and its environs.
Method of Application
Terms of Employment
This is a one-year renewable contract position with a probation period of the first 3 months. The salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade, depending on education, experience, and demonstrated competency.
All applicants must meet each selection criterion outlined in the minimum requirements.
To apply, please provide the following:
- A current CV with the names of at least 2 referees.
- Copies of academic and professional certificates.
- A signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference, along with copies of the documents listed above.
Send your application to: email@example.com no later than September 21, 2023.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN, YOUTH, AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS, INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW, AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org