Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
Field Enumerators Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Enumerators will perform the following duties during the tenure
Before Data Collection:
- Attend a training workshop for enumerators.
- Participate in field piloting and test the data collection tools.
- Receive enumeration materials and equipment from the principal investigator.
- Create an enumeration schedule/itinerary.
During Data Collection:
- Locate or select sample members/respondents.
- Conduct interviews with the respondents.
- Use appropriate tools to collect and record responses as instructed.
- Review the collected data at the end of each day before uploading it to the server.
- Adhere to the organization’s guidelines for data collection.
- Attend daily briefings to report on the previous day’s activities and receive updates/instructions from the Field supervisor.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the HIHEA MEL or designated Officer.
After Data Collection:
- Ensure enumerator checking is complete.
- Account for all questionnaires, guides, and equipment used.
- Hand over all literature and materials used in the survey to the HIHEA Team.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities and qualifications:
- Highly organized and capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively.
- Experience in using technology tools and the ability to quickly learn new ones.
- Familiarity with Android-based tablets or Smartphones and mobile data collection applications like KOBO collect, among others.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team player.
- Willingness to travel long distances using public transport for assignments.
- Excellent communication, writing, and research skills.
- Confident with a can-do attitude, capable of advancing projects with minimal supervision.
- Skills in qualitative data transcription are a plus but not required.
- Committed to the Vision, Mission, and Values of Hand in Hand Eastern Africa.
Method of Application for Field Enumerators
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV to HiH-EA via email at email@example.com
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge or accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org