DRIVER, JOB GROUP, KMR 10 ( 10 positions)
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior driver.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
- Driving vehicles as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles;
- Detecting and report malfunctioning of vehicles system;
- Maintain records of vehicles;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle;
- Overseeing safety of the passengers and or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Ensuring adherence to or observations of traffic laws; and
- Reporting any incidents to police and/or the office immediately they occur.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade of D+ or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive;
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya police;
- Proficiency in computer application.
Terms of Employment:
Employment is for three (3) years contract as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following: Certificate of good conduct, HigherEducation Loans Board compliance certificate, KRA Tax compliance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance. Kindly attach your cv, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
To apply for this job please visit erecruitment.kemri.go.ke.