Bowip Agencies Limited
Implementation of Bowip Agencies sales and distribution strategies, including delivery and display of the products in the assigned territory.
- Meet and exceed set sales targets for your assigned region
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with store owners, managers, and employees
- Daily strict adherence and completion of assigned route/itinerary(s)
- Ensure that stores or shelves are stocked with the right types and quantities of products
- Responsible for ensuring our brands receive the maximum available shelf space at all assigned outlets
- Adherence to strict payment terms allowed per customer
- Adherence to Kenyan Laws and regulations governing driving on public roads
- Ensuring the safety and integrity of inventory entrusted to your care
- Ensuring safety and maintenance of provided equipment (vehicles, phones, calculators, etc.)
- Ensure proper cycle/rotation and forecasting of inventory needs to prevent shortages or overstocking at all customer locations
- Strict adherence targeted departure time after loading (7:30 AM)
- KNOW YOUR MARKET (Understand the trends per customer and brand within your assigned territory)
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedules to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
- Preparation of field sales and store inventory records and compulsory weekly reconciliation with depot supervisors and the accounting department
- Collecting information on customer stock balances during each visit
- Regular submission of fuel and vehicle maintenance receipts to the head office
- Attaching KEBS stickers to products, and ensuring all Bowip brands on shelves and in stores meet all other regulatory requirements
- Maintain store displays and shelves by removing dated or damaged products and ensuring (first to expire, first out – FEFO) stock rotation (All customer displays/shelves and off-shelf inventory storage locations included)
- Collaborating with customer buyers, procurements officers, and branch managers to negotiate orders (request LPOs) when inventory levels appear to be below optimum levels at all assigned outlets
- Work with our principles’ marketing/sales teams to deliver improvements in brand engagement scores across different territories
- Planning, executing and reporting on results of merchandising and sales initiatives including special sales events and promotions
- Collection and sharing of contact details for customer purchase/procurement decision-makers with your assigned manager/supervisor
- Analyzing the current marketplace and reporting to management any important market and competitor activity information.
- Answering customer questions, describing product features/benefits, and responding to special requests
- Arranging for return and credit for damaged/expired products at all assigned outlets
- Negotiating for off-shelf displays at branch level as per the available (Point of sale material(s) – POSM)
- Participate and report on trade inventory counts, placement of new products and price changes, etc.
- Ensuring the itinerary/route compliance at (Minimum 100% Coverage) to minimize/eliminate Out Of Stock situations (Less than 10% target)
- Ensuring a minimum call rate of at least 20 outlets per day and 5 new outlets per month
- Ensuring accurate electronic and paper sales records
- Ensuring proper and effective (1) Placement, (2) Product, (3) Price, (4) POS, & (5) Planograms adherence
- Take safe custody of the Company’s assets including vehicles, stock, cash, cheques documents etc
- Give direction and guidance to employees such as Van Assistant and others that may be assigned to you
- Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques
- Be a team player, and be open to supervision, constructive criticism & feedback when necessary
- Any other duties assigned by management
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience
- Minimum 2 years class B driving experience with a clean driving record
- Negotiation, closing, and prospecting skills
- Basic accounting skills
- A current Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance Certificate
- Strong Communication and organizational skills, able to work independently
- Proficient in computer and smartphone operation (Android OS)
- Extensive product/brand & category knowledge
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of Kenya’s formal and informal retail landscape
- A diploma, or ideally an Associate/bachelor degree in business areas such as sales, marketing, or economics is an added advantage.
We aspire to be the leading 4PL (4TH Party Logistics Provider) in the impulse category in East Africa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org