- We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Customer Service Specialist – AR to join our Customer Experience team at Messagebird. In this role, you will be responsible for helping our customers with payments and collection questions and requests. You are both effective and efficient at collecting outstanding customer invoices while maintaining positive relationships with clients.
What You’ll Do
- Primarily working out of a customer service ticketing system, answering customer’s questions, and handling finance-related tasks.
- Work from both enterprise tools (Salesforce, Netsuite), as well as internally developed systems & tools.
- Collaborate with internal teams to resolve any billing or payment discrepancies.
- Keep track of accounts receivable records to ensure that the aging is current, apply credits and collections appropriately, account for uncollectible amounts, and resolve any miscellaneous discrepancies.
- Manage outstanding accounts receivable by reaching out to customers through phone calls and support tickets.
- Provide updates to management regarding the status of collections and outstanding accounts.
- Assist in developing and implementing credit and collections policies and procedures to optimize the collections process.
What You Already Have
- Strong desire to learn, be very hands-on and have diligence and speed.
- 2+ years experience in a Customer Services finance role ie: Credit Collections Specialist, Accounts Receivable Specialist, or similar role
- 1+ years of working experience in a customer ticketing system
- Experience working in a fast-paced/start-up technology company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Finance, or relevant experience.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to handle difficult conversations professionally.
- Ability to build relationships with other departments.
- Ability to multitask, solve problems, and take ownership.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite.
- Good systems skills (Excel / Google spreadsheet, pivot tables, etc)
- Proficiency in English and additional languages is a bonus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.