Kiboko Research Station at World Agroforestry Centre
Serving as the principal liaison between the Kiboko Research Station team and CIMMYT-Kenya administrative team in Nairobi, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Research Station Manager, CIMMYT scientists and research assistants to effectively implement administrative aspects of research station operations to facilitate smooth execution of CIMMT’s activities at the Kiboko Research Station.
Duties and responsibilities
Human resources administration.
- Maintain systematic filing system for personnel and HR records of casual workers engaged at the Kiboko Research Station.
- Coordinate engagement of casual workers as per the needs of scientists and technicians operating at Kiboko Research Station.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HR policies and procedures, including occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain daily registers of casual workers and support the payroll process for casual workers.
Procurement and warehouse management
- Coordinate timely procurement of goods and services as required for smooth operation of the research station, and in strict compliance with CIMMYT policies and procedures. · Diligently manage warehouse inventory in full compliance with established procedures and best practices.
- Ensure proper recordkeeping of all inventory deposits, withdrawals, and disposals.
Finance and accounting.
- Manage and account for use of petty cash fund.
- Coordinate with Finance Manager – Kenya and respective scientists / budget-holders to ensure proper accounting for usage of warehoused inventory and fuel supply.
- Support administration of all assets located at the Kiboko Research Station.
- Support the Research Station Manager to identify, prioritize, and implement ideas to improve operational efficiency and cost reduction.
- Facilitate timely processing of utility bills.
- Assist in organizing meetings and training events at the Kiboko Research Station, and record the minutes of the meetings, as appropriate.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a demanding office setup.
- Experience in farm operations highly desirable.
To apply for this job please visit cifor.zohorecruit.com.