International Planned Parenthood Federation
Context of Youth Networker role
- This is ideally a development role for a young person starting their career in the NGO or Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights sector. It is anticipated to be a stepping stone 2-year contract with the hope to progress onto other roles within the Federation.
- The post holder will be working with:
- the Regional Team to bring direct involvement of youth and build regional and global platforms for youth activism and youth led accountability for SRHRJ. other Youth Networkers and the regional youth networks to build a global Youth IPPF community and contribute to wider youth movements. other members of the regional team in Membership Support & Development and External Relations from a youth perspective
- Organize youth action to ensure that the region has an IPPF youth network that is inclusive of marginalized groups, working to advance in the goals of the new strategy with MAs. Support Regional Youth Networks where they already exist to set and/or deliver on their plans, support set-up where they do not.
- Advise on how to ensure the direct involvement of youth participation and youth led accountability within the region and the member associations. Oversee and contribute to the Regional Youth Forums and Global Youth Forums.
- Guides and supervises the regional work for the inclusion of a youth perspective that ensures the participation and amplification of youth voices into design, evaluation and implementation of the initiatives organized by the Secretariat, for example advocacy, workshop design, communications etc.
- Recommends on how to create a grow pathway in the Federation, creating momentum and building engagement with regional networks, identifying and promoting younger leaderships and activism, mentoring strategies and growing opportunities.
- Amplifies the voice of youth within the Secretariat and how to create a safe environment that encourages/develops young people, ensures diversity, anti-racism and safeguarding of people and finances.
- Is a champion for Youth centered action within the Secretariat and amplify youth voices into the work of the Secretariat
- Support MAs to develop youth networks in their location of work and foster youth centricity/ youth led programming in their local work in collaboration with Architects of Cooperation.
- Support and enable a safe environment, adhering to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
- Proficiency in English and/or French.
- Informed and passionate about the work of IPPF and an advocate for what we stand for.
- Experience working with youth groups and amplifying voices.
- Ability to relate to people from different cultures and backgrounds in a positive and engaging way.
- Good time management, co-ordination and organizing skills.
- Inclusive, curious and open to other’s ideas as well as coming up with and articulating their own ideas.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in a local and international context.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to work in a diverse, multicultural, multilingual and intergenerational environment that is anti-racist and respectful of others
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and use of social media.
- Understands the importance of Safeguarding and is willing to act as a role model for safeguarding of people.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of (related field). Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Method of Application
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 05 November 2023. Please note that IPPFAR will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org