Secours Islamique France
As a crucial member of the child protection and education project, the Social Worker, under the guidance of the Child Protection Officer, will champion child rights and actively engage with project participants, conducting both school and home visits, developing necessary plans, and managing cases, among other responsibilities.
Reporting to the Child Protection Officer, the Social Worker will:
- Serve as a social service provider for selected orphans within SIF’s designated areas.
- Handle data entry tasks related to all social work activities.
- Attend all meetings pertaining to social work for the education and child protection project.
- Provide translation services as needed between SIF staff and clients.
- Assist orphans in adapting effectively to their situations within the SIF program.
- Participate in baseline and end-line assessments during the project duration.
- Conduct needs assessments and compile necessary reports.
- Assist in the registration process for orphans using SIF’s orphan selection criteria.
- Contribute to identifying eligible orphans for the sponsorship program and assess their situations.
- Contribute to updating the mapping of organizations/services in the area, fostering collaboration to enhance orphan care and prevent duplication.
- Identify orphan needs (e.g., academic, social, health) and develop action plans to address them, offering support and monitoring implementation.
- Organize regular home visits for sponsored orphans, with frequency adjusted based on vulnerability.
- Provide or coordinate psychosocial support for orphans and immediate family members.
- Report regularly to project coordination on the health status of sponsored orphans, promptly sharing information on critical/urgent cases.
- Inform and educate families on essential family practices for the harmonious development of orphans (e.g., health, nutrition, wash, child protection).
- Monitor the use of allowances provided by the project for the education and well-being of sponsored orphans.
- Continuously assess the situation of orphans and their families through home visits and meetings with teachers.
- Maintain and update individual files for orphans, documenting their contact details, family situation, location, social life, difficulties, measures taken, and more.
- Keep orphan families informed about the project’s objectives, activities, and results.
- Facilitate communications between sponsors and beneficiaries.
- Organize social, recreational, and educational activities for orphans and other community children.
- Contribute to evaluating the sponsorship program’s impact on the individual situations of orphans.
- Collect information for reporting on orphans and contribute to program capitalization, including lessons learned and best practices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with vulnerable communities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective cross-cultural communication and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Understanding of the local context within the project implementation areas.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Excel and MS Word.
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
Ethics and Professional Practice:
- Respect and promote SIF’s policies, agree to comply with SIF Code of Conduct, and uphold Child Safeguarding standards.
- Report any discrepancies in SIF’s policies within the team or with partners.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Method of Application:
Please submit your application, which should include an application letter, resume, and a list of three professional references, combined into a single PDF document, to email@example.com by no later than September 12th, 2023. Ensure to indicate the position title (“Social Worker”) in the subject line of your email. By applying for this position, you consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 2019 and the performance of reference checks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org