- The Social Media Intern will be a part of the internship program supporting the USAID mission in Kenya. The position will report to their assigned supervisor and be based in MSI’s Nairobi field office, with the option to work remotely as needed. Internships require a minimum part-time commitment of 25 hours per week or a full-time commitment of 40 hours per week during regular business hours, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. This is a paid position, and we anticipate the candidate starting soonest after presenting an offer. The ideal availability for this role is before October 23, 2023. All interested applicants who complete this online application process will be sent a screening questionnaire directly from a Tetra Tech email. Only candidates who complete this questionnaire will be considered for the position.
- Create draft Twitter and Facebook posts and collate complementary multimedia assets.
- Maintain and update monthly social media schedules.
- Contribute to daily media monitoring, including setting up systems to monitor various sources for new content and information about what is happening in and around USAID activities on a weekly basis.
- Attend events to gather quotes and take photos and videos which can be used in social media posts.
- Conduct research on trends and posts from our partners and stakeholders and recommend retweets/reposts.
- Stay updated on the current social media landscape and share relevant insights.
- Assist in preparing visual reports that reflect the performance of social media accounts.
- Assist in other administrative tasks as assigned by the internship supervisor.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in business administration or a related field required.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree program in business administration or a related field preferred.
- Experience in overall social media operations is preferred.
- Ability to work with non-governmental organizations, donors, development partners, or media organizations required.
- Strong oral and written communication, numerical, proofreading, attention to detail, and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency in standard software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Google Suite required.
- Proficiency in Twitter and Facebook publishing and analytics tools preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
To apply for this job please visit tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com.