Sales Agronomists Roles and Responsibilities:
- Building Relationships: Develop and nurture strong relationships with smallholder farmers and agriBORA Hubs, establishing trust and credibility. Act as the primary point of contact for technical support.
- Field Visits and Agronomic Advice: Conduct field visits to farms and agriBORA Hubs, providing expert agronomic advice. Offer recommendations on crop management practices, soil fertility, pest and disease control, and irrigation techniques.
- Promotion and Sales: Promote and sell agriBORA products and services, including inputs, mechanization services, and extension support, to farmers and agriBORA Hubs. Create awareness about the value proposition of agriBORA.
- Training and Capacity Building: Provide training to farmers and agriBORA Hubs on using agriBORA’s digital platform. Teach them how to access and utilize mobile payments, SMS, hub manager applications, and USSD services.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other agriBORA team members, such as data scientists and software developers. Offer feedback on product and service development and contribute to platform improvement.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Collect and analyze data on farm practices, input usage, and yield outcomes. Use insights to inform the development of new products and services and enhance existing offerings.
- Stay Updated with Agronomic Research: Keep abreast of the latest agronomic research and trends in the agriculture industry. Utilize this knowledge to provide the best possible support to farmers and agriBORA Hubs.
- Other Duties: Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, sales).
- Knowledge of crop production, pest and disease management, soil science, and plant nutrition. Familiarity with agricultural technology and ability to work with data.
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude.
- Effective Communication Skills: Able to communicate effectively with smallholder farmers, agriBORA Hubs, and other team members. Possess good interpersonal skills to build trust and credibility with stakeholders.
- Sales Skills: Capable of promoting and selling agriBORA’s products and services to farmers and agriBORA Hubs. Skilled in identifying customer needs and providing effective solutions.
- Relevant Experience: At least 2 years of working experience with smallholder farmers and grassroots agribusinesses in a rural context. Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities of working with these stakeholders and ability to offer practical advice and support.
- Team Player: Excellent team player with the ability to work collaboratively with culturally and geographically diverse teams.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Proficiency in the local language(s) used by smallholder farmers in the preferred region is an added advantage.
- Travel: Willingness and ability to travel across the country as needed.
To apply for this job please visit agribora.bamboohr.com.