Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
Front Office Management:
- Manage the front office, including making hotel bookings for visiting guests and processing their invoices.
- Welcome Jhpiego guests and handle phone calls.
- Receive and distribute mails as required.
- Track and update the GSR/Invoice Tracker.
- Process all Jhpiego invoices and raise Admin related GSRs.
- Validate parking for staff.
- Provide relief for the Operations Assistant.
- Ensure the office is opened and secure.
- Keep track of inventory in the internal tracking system.
- Periodically update the inventory system in coordination with the Administration Manager.
Note: All Jhpiego staff members, regardless of their responsibilities, are expected to:
- Embody the mission and values of Jhpiego.
- Participate in the business development process.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and transfer.
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment with clear accountability.
- Collaborate in multiple teams, adopt a team spirit, take ownership of assigned action items, and provide feedback as needed.
- Multitask, manage competing priorities, and prioritize to meet program and/or organizational objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management with 2 years of experience in an NGO setting, or Diploma with a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience with QBE.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- High degree of reliability, accuracy, and productivity in working independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in English is required.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues.
- Basic understanding of COVID-19, MCH, HIV/AIDS, RH/FP, and health-related issues, with a global focus.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking ability.
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Possess a broad range of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
- Experience in team working and handling multi-cultural staff.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and positive attitude towards work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective communication, instilling trust and confidence.
- Experience in managing teams and supervising multi-cultural staff.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities to achieve the organization’s goals/objectives.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-jhpiego.icims.com.