Health Effects Institute
We are seeking a research assistant with a strong scientific background who is eager to collaborate closely with our team on a wide range of scientific issues at the intersection of environmental health and energy. This professional role offers invaluable work experience, mentorship, and the opportunity to engage with renowned scientists, helping the successful candidate chart their career path. The chosen candidate will be instrumental in supporting a diverse set of activities aimed at comprehending and conveying research funded by HEI Energy. This research informs national, state, and local policies relating to oil and gas development and other energy-related matters.
- Collaborate with our science team to create concise documents, including technical reports, research briefs, policy briefs, meeting minutes, and fact sheets related to ongoing projects.
- Gather, organize, and analyze scientific literature while managing literature databases.
- Participate in various HEI meetings and events, offering opportunities to network with globally recognized scientists.
- Create clear and impactful visual presentations of data.
- Conduct secondary research on specific topics as required.
- Assist with social media strategy, content creation, and scheduling as needed.
- Undertake other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, public health, environmental science, engineering, or a closely related field. Candidates with Master’s degrees will not be considered for this role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with individuals from diverse technical and geographic backgrounds.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite and citation management systems (e.g., Zotero, Mendeley).
- Strong writing and science communication skills.
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis and data visualization. Experience with R and/or Python, as well as GIS software, would be advantageous.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications via email to HR@healtheffects.org and include the following:
- A cover letter expressing your interest in the position and outlining your qualifications.
- A resume.
- Unofficial transcripts of courses taken for your most recent degree. Please note that official transcripts may be requested if you are invited for an interview.
- Two samples of independent writing.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Quoc Pham at HR@healtheffects.org. Final candidates will be asked to provide the names of three references who will not be contacted without prior notice to you.
Please use “Research Assistant 2023 Position” in the subject line. Application review will commence in August, with interviews scheduled for early September. However, the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The anticipated start date is in late October or early November 2023. Applications received before October 25, 2023, will be given full consideration. Interviews will be conducted virtually.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@healtheffects.org