Absa Bank Limited
To provide specialist advice and support in order to ensure customer satisfaction and enhance the customer experience, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Reporting to the Collections/Recoveries Team Leader, the role holder will be;
- Responsible for the Collections or Recoveries of allocated group of loan and credit card accounts within the Personal and Local Business Segments within the Bank, with the objective of adopting given strategies and negotiating with the customer to bring any out of order accounts back to order.
Business Management – 40%
- Meet the minimum productivity requirements for calls, promise to pay (PTP) and kept promises (KPs) daily to ensure optimization of the collections function and achievement of the monthly targets for the collection agent
- Use the appropriate collection scripts and other tools available to verify client identity and negotiate with customers to obtain a promise to pay (PTP) or to negotiate the repayment terms which will achieve the best outcome for both the bank and the customer
- Monitor all accounts allocated daily and take appropriate action to ensure that the portfolio of accounts stay within agreed limits through the application of sound credit judgement within pre-determined broad policy guidelines
- Recommend accounts within own portfolio that meet agreed criteria for forbearance (which do not involve giving out more money) within pre-determined parameters and guidelines
- Undertake all forms of communication with the customer that are necessary to ensure that the accounts operate well or that subsequent action on the account, if required, is not unduly delayed
- Adopt collections targets monthly in line with portfolio and product targets as communicated by the MI team via the team leader
- If no solution can be negotiated, calls must be escalated to the team leader for assistance
- Update the appropriate system upon completion of the negotiation with the customer to indicate the agreement reached with the customer in terms of the collections option that will be implemented
Customer Obsession – 30%
- Refer all customer complaints to the Customer Service team for logging on BOC. As the first point of contact wherever possible, resolve and close the complaint; escalate to the team leader to support in resolving the complaint if unable to resolve
- Ensure customer obsession is achieved and the retention of the customer is maintained by being professional in all instances
- Seek clarity from the customer to ensure comprehensive understanding of their needs and address these needs as effectively as possible, whilst minimizing any risk to the bank
- Application of world class customer service standards always while handling customer’s issues, walk in customers and customer correspondences assigned on collection related matters
Teamwork – 10%
- Constant liaison with the business network to undertake appropriate measures on allocated collections portfolio to offer alternative solutions for customers.
- Teamwork to formulate and execute innovative and creative strategies aimed at achieving stretch collection targets.
- Participate in local events to support local needs, develop individual and team skills and raise the Absa bank profile in the local community
- Ensure individual performance objectives and measures are agreed with line manager.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
Controls – 30%
- Adherence to service level agreements on any duties assigned.
- Adherence to banking policies and procedures.
- Delivering collection control requirements in a robust and rigorous control environment.
- Efficiently maintaining an accurate diary of collection actions undertaken on own portfolio on debt management systems with timely follow-up of due actions.
- Delivering operational excellence in achieving quality, cost, and service standards on assigned work.
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Inter-personal skills
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Spreadsheets/Database Skills
- Planning and personal organization
- Quality Conscious
- Problem solving skills
- Service excellence
- Operational excellence
- Customer handing techniques
Knowledge, Expertise & Experience
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Prior experience of dealing with customers
- High degree of interpersonal skills when dealing with a range of people and situations.
- Good knowledge of the general canons of good lending and credit risk assessment
- Good computer skills and ability to learn new software/applications quickly
- Effective communication
- Some knowledge of the Bank’s lending principles, policies, and procedures
- Some knowledge of the Bank’s general credit policies and Retail Products
- Prior experience in a lending environment
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.