Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya
The Music Teacher will deliver high-quality and vibrant lessons that enable each student to be highly imaginative, challenge perceptions, and develop creative and analytical skills. He/She will play a pivotal role in shaping the student’s musical education and fostering an appreciation for music within the framework of the IB program. The Candidate should be dedicated in nurturing students’ musical talents, promoting global awareness, and aligning their teaching with the values and principles of the IB program. They play a critical role in preparing students for a well-rounded, international education experience.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive music curriculum that aligns with the IB standards and philosophy. This may involve designing units of study, lesson plans, and assessments that incorporate IB principles, including inquiry-based learning, interdisciplinary connections, and international-mindedness
- Deliver engaging and effective music instructions to students across various grade levels, fostering their musical skills, creativity, and understanding. This could include teaching various aspects of music, such as theory, history, performance, composition and appreciation.
- Adapt teaching strategies and materials to meet student’s diverse needs and abilities, including those with different learning styles and abilities.
- Use varied, adequate assessments, including formative and summative assessments in line with the International Baccalaureate Organization requirements.
- Engage parents regularly and effectively in the education of their children.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the relevant subject and modern pedagogy.
- Accurately evaluate and comment on both the ability and developmental potential of each student.
- Effectively communicate with students, colleagues and parents, including through email and the school information system.
- Demonstrate an experience of high professional values and practices.
- Show profound commitment to ongoing professional growth and to taking on responsibility for fulfilling the vision and philosophy of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (Music) or an equivalent in the respective field
- TSC Certification
- 5 years of IB Middle Years Programme and/or IB Diploma
- Previous teaching experience in the Middle Years Programme (MYP)
To apply for this job please visit krb-xjobs.brassring.com.