- The Incumbents will support the Marketing function in delivering its objectives by recruiting students, marketing the University programmes and advising on the current market trends, among others, based on market surveys.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Selling courses to prospective clients and meeting monthly sales targets as will be agreed upon with the line manager through various methods including activation of churches, schools, companies, etc.
- Analysis of competitor activities by monitoring all activities of interest and benefit to the marketing function. These include monitoring competitor’s performance in terms of;
- Business performance –registrations, populations, programs offered and the pricing, facilities and other relevant areas
- Marketing strategies utilized for example advertisements and promotions
- Expansion and growth activities of competitors including new branches, new collaborations
- Monitor new entrants into the market
- Receiving and collecting market intelligence to identify new/potential market and product opportunities and assess demand, University’s brand positioning and awareness.
- Timely communication of all information acquired to the Marketing Manager with proposals on the best action.
- Direct Marketing through posters, fliers and other marketing materials
- Ensure the effective utilization of all marketing mechanisms including, strategic, consistent and aggressive placement of the appropriate marketing communication materials in all legally allowed and beneficial places that target an appropriate market segment and mass markets and ensure their maintenance.
- Co-ordination of and representation in events such as conferences, seminars and exhibitions that will promote the awareness of the University and its credentials.
- Be familiar with all courses offered in the University so as to identify the most effective ways of convincing varying targets and identifying gaps in the current offering.
- Monitor the University’s outdoor marketing platforms to ensure proper maintenance and advice on any corrective action or necessary reaction to competitor actions.
- Ensure the safekeeping and maintenance of all University marketing equipment and materials including posters, fliers, roll up banner, among others.
- Build a good relationship with the current and potential students to encourage referrals
- Support students in securing admissions
- Facilitate faster complain handling to quickly resolve customer issues
- Any other duties meant to achieve the marketing objectives as assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in Marketing or any Business-related field
- Or a Diploma in Marketing with 2 years’ working experience in sales and marketing.
- Certificate / diploma in computer skills is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Good report writing skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 29th September 2023. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer. THE VICE – CHANCELLOR The Management University of Africa P. O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com