The primary purpose of this position is to conduct routine and complex laboratory examinations, with a specific focus on HIV, TB, and COVID-19 diagnostic services.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring correct specimen collection, processing, storage, and shipment.
- Performing laboratory routine and complex examinations.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the laboratory quality management system and laboratory accreditation through Laboratory Continuous Quality Improvement (LCQI) and/or SLMTA. This includes:
- Developing laboratory policies and procedures.
- Verifying methods and equipment.
- Performing Internal Quality Control (IQC) and External Quality Assessment/Proficiency Testing (EQA/PT).
- Conducting routine and scheduled maintenance, calibration, and certification of laboratory analytical and ancillary equipment.
- Monitoring laboratory quality indicators.
- Implementing improvement projects.
- Documenting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Collecting laboratory data, analyzing, reviewing for trends, and making data-driven decisions to enhance laboratory services.
- Actively participating in Continuous Quality Improvement Teams activities at the laboratory and facility level.
- Ensuring accurate monitoring, forecasting, quantification, and reporting of laboratory commodities.
- Engaging in continuous professional education (CPD) activities, including Continuing Medical Education (CME), training, workshops, and seminars.
- Collaborating with other professional groups to raise awareness and improve utilization of laboratory services, while enhancing the laboratory-clinical interface.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Biosafety and Biosecurity, Infection Prevention and Control (IPC), and COVID-19 guidelines.
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) with a valid practicing license.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a busy medical laboratory, specifically handling HIV and TB samples.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with good report writing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to email@example.com. The position applied for and the reference number should be clearly indicated in the subject line and cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org