- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the UNHCR Office to help achieve its objectives effectively.
- Schedule appointments and manage the supervisor’s calendar. Handle visitors and phone calls, responding to inquiries with discretion.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, some involving high-ranking officials, and take minutes or notes during these gatherings.
- Assist with informal translations and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Prepare various types of correspondence, documents, and reports, including highly confidential materials.
- Receive, screen, log, and route correspondence, attach necessary background information, and maintain a follow-up system.
- Draft official correspondence, documents, and reports for routine matters or for supervisor approval, ensuring timely follow-up.
- Maintain an organized filing system for both electronic and hard copy documents.
- Provide support for Human Resources tasks, such as managing attendance records, making travel arrangements, and processing travel claims for staff within the unit.
- Assist in preparing visit programs, briefings, and collecting relevant documentation for missions, meetings, and visits.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education & Professional Work Experience:
- For G5 level: 2 years of relevant experience with a High School Diploma; or 1 year of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Business Administration, Secretarial, Office Management, Human Resources, or related field. Desirable:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programs or specific training relevant to the position’s functions.
- Computer Literacy, including IT skills.
- Knowledge of UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations, and Procedures.
- Drafting and Documentation skills.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station, if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station, if not English, along with proficiency in the local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or the UN working language of the duty station, if not English.
To apply for this job please visit unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.