- Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells, or bacteria.
- Prepare tissue for microscopic examination by pathologists.
- Determine blood type for transfusions.
- Conduct medical research and analyses.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the division, and is able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate, and shut down such instruments.
- Maintains competence in Laboratory Information Systems that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely, and meets customer needs.
- Trains and orientates new Medical Laboratory Technologists in the performance and interpretation of tests.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology/ Medical LAB Science from a recognized institution; the advantage of having a degree in Bachelor in Medical Lab Science
- A Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB); and
- A Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- KCSE mean grade of C (Plain) with a C in Biology/Chemistry; English/Kiswahili; and C- in Mathematics/Physics.
To apply for this job please visit cpsb.nairobi.go.ke.