One Acre Fund
About the Role
The goal of the Tupande Digital Team is to revolutionize how we serve our customers across the region through technology that works for our people. We believe this will double the number of clients One Acre Fund serves, increase impact, and improve sustainability. We aim to achieve this by leveraging technology to better serve our customers.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will contribute to the improvement of Tupande’s strategic direction based on valuable business insights derived from the data products you will build. Your work will equip teams to make more educated decisions across the organization by using trends, empirical evidence and advanced systems. You will help us come up with solutions tailored to our unique and ever-evolving needs. This is a high growth potential role as we aim to accelerate access of One Acre Fund services to customers across the country and optimize our operations, through technology.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Digital Strategy.
- You will play a vital role in development and implementation of Tupande’s Data Science strategy and use data to improve organizational growth, continuous improvements and iterations.
- Be a part of the main link between Tupande’s business, customers and technology solutions by providing valuable insights through modelling and transforming datasets to help us make decisions and build customer solutions.
- Lead the strategic design, delivery and maintenance of the data science work that give meaningful insights on our performance, support Tupande’s priorities and accelerate innovation.
- Have end-to-end ownership of Tupande data science work and lead alignment on all solutions developed through collaboration.
- Help build a data-driven culture within Tupande through data science work.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, data science, business analytics, economics, finance, engineering, or computer science
- Understanding of data science best practices
- Experience in data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab) experience
- Experience in advanced systems including machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Experience giving data presentations with graphical or data visualization tools
- SQL: write complex, optimized queries with large relational datasets
- Programming Languages: Python, R
- Data Modelling: SQL and NoSQL data
- At least 3+ years of data scientist or similar role involving data extraction, analysis, and statistical modeling
- Expertise in setting and advancing business/ project strategies, including leading improvements and adoption of those strategies in response to an evolving situation
- Experience working with and manage an array of partners collaboratively to advance your work
- Experience articulating data science work in person and in writing to technical and non-technical colleagues at all organizational levels and across multiple cultures
- Expertise in project management with the ability to oversee different data science projects growing in scope and complexity
- Fluency in English required
To apply for this job please visit oneacrefund.org.