Apollo is searching for an experienced Associate – Inventory Operations. In this role, you will report directly to the Risk and Loss Control Manager. Your responsibilities will encompass a range of inventory management tasks, including stock count audits, tracking inventory records, monitoring stock movements between suppliers and warehouses across different counties, managing internal stock transfers, updating warehouse expense records within budget constraints, and implementing high-quality inventory management best practices. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that plays a pivotal role in creating a positive impact for our farmers.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Inventory Management: You’ll work closely with the warehousing team to ensure accurate recording, tracking, and transferring of inventory. This includes both physical tracking and maintaining records on the ERP system. You’ll be responsible for updating daily stock reports, ensuring accurate inventory control, and performing reconciliations.
- Data Validation and Verification: You’ll oversee data entry validation and verification carried out by warehouse associates, covering stock receipts, internal stock transfers, and stock dispatched to agro dealers, as well as returns from agro dealers.
- Stock Reconciliation: You’ll maintain reports of warehouse activities, from consignments received to quantities, stacking numbers, outstanding balances, and oversee the inputs stock cycle counting programs for agro dealers and warehouses across counties.
- Record Keeping: Responsible for both manual and computerized record keeping, including daily, weekly, and monthly updates. You’ll manage financial records, supply costs, adherence to budget expenses, warehouse regulatory compliance, agro dealer inputs dispatches, collections/returns, and farmers’ check-out records.
- Agro Dealer Stock Audit Process: Collaborating with Area Logistics Coordinators, you’ll confirm agro dealer physical stock audits against system running balances and highlight any exceptions.
- Analysis: You’ll analyze agro dealer weekly inputs stocks to ensure they stay within approved limits.
- Have 3+ years of experience in inventory management/stock control.
- Experience in the supply chain process, especially in an agricultural context, is an added advantage.
- Have previous experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a startup context, and are willing to be hands-on in the field.
- Can interpret and leverage insights from data to enhance the customer experience, especially using Microsoft Excel. Strong problem-solving skills are crucial for success in this role.
- Understand business objectives and can align team goals to serve these objectives.
- Can ensure goods are arranged systematically in stock locations for easy retrieval and that stocks remain physically protected in the warehouse.
- Can handle product-related incidents during transportation to customers, warehouses, or partners, and troubleshoot and resolve supply-related issues.
- Can design and implement inventory tracking systems to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Can minimize inventory loss by incorporating best risk management practices.
- Have excellent analytical and organizational skills, with project management experience as a definite advantage.
- Possess a methodical approach to completing assigned work, paying strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Are a collaborative team of smart, ambitious individuals dedicated to serving our customers.
- Thrive on solving hard problems, always seeking solutions when challenges arise.
- Embrace calculated risks that can lead to significant growth and understand that failures are valuable learning opportunities.
- Are attentive listeners, taking time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from those around us, even in times of disagreement.
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration, and growth.
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility for seeing projects through from conception to deployment.
- Back up our commitment with competitive compensation, benefits packages, and challenging projects.
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.