Save the Children
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current full spectrum programming focuses on child poverty, child protection, education, health and nutrition, WASH and child rights governance. Save the Children has an operational presence in Dadaab refugee camps, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana, Samburu, Wajir, and Nairobi Counties.
Objective of Internship
Save the Children is committed to providing opportunities to young people to be exposed to the workplace. By endorsing an active internship policy, Save the Children is able to provide a unique opportunity for young professionals to build their capacity on programming for children. We provide them with short-term placement to sharpen their knowledge and skills in their respective professions through the internship program.
The Internship opportunities are available in the following functions:
- Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) Intern (Nairobi); The job holder will provide coordination support to the Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) team under the guidance of the Director of Programme Development and Quality. The PDQ intern will support the day-to-day work of the PDQ team including; work planning, information management, coordination of processes and research. The intern’s tasks will vary depending on the needs and ongoing work of the PDQ team.
- T4D Intern (Nairobi); Under the general direction and guidance of the Technology for Development (T4D) specialist, The job holder will provide timely and high quality IT technical support to KCO staff members. The post holder will also play a big role in supporting KCO with IT innovations and technical support, through distance support from Nairobi.
- Advocacy Intern (Nairobi); Under the supervision of the Head of Advocacy and Campaigns. The advocacy Intern will support and assist in advocacy initiatives, campaigns, and projects. Conduct research, help develop materials and resources, assist with organizing events and meetings, and provide general administrative support to the advocacy team.
- Supply chain Intern (Nairobi); The Supply chain Intern is responsible for supporting the Logistics unit with asset and warehouse management and processing requests for procurement of goods and services for both the Nairobi Country Office and field offices and ensure delivery to the program.
- Safety & Security Intern (Nairobi): The jobholder will provide coordination support on the safety and Security under the guidance of the Operations Coordinator.
- Health and Nutrition Intern (Turkana): The health and nutrition intern will be part of the Turkana health and Nutrition team and will contribute in spearheading Save the Children development work as well as support in scaling up lifesaving nutrition interventions for children and pregnant women in SC areas of operation.
- Tech Hub Intern (Nairobi): The job holder will be part of the Nairobi technology hub focused on delivering a global service to all Save the Children countries. The Nairobi Tech Hub team is responsible for developing and maintaining various applications and systems used by Save the Children globally.
- IT Intern (Nairobi); The job holder will be responsible for Responsible for supporting the Area Offices with IT innovations and technical support, through distance support from Nairobi and occasional Field Office visit.
- Finance Intern (Nairobi): The job holder will be responsible for supporting Finance team in delivering the objectives in a timely and accurate fashion. This is a key role as it will pivotal in ensuring timely payment processing of all payables and liabilities in the Country Office.
- HR & Administration Intern (Nairobi): The HR and Admin Intern will support supports HR and Admin functions. This includes assisting with recruitments, , employee documentation, and maintaining HR records. Provide administrative support by managing office supplies, coordinating meetings, and assisting with general office operations.
Internship Period: 3 Months with possibility of extension for another 3 months’ subject to performance.
- The intern will demonstrate motivated participation in the learning experience.
- The intern will participate in the orientation programs of the organization and abide by all terms and conditions as set out in the internship agreement.
- At the end of the assignment, the intern will provide a comprehensive report demonstrating learning and achievements during the internship as guided by the supervisor.
- Graduates from reputable national, regional or international universities studying disciplines relevant to the work of the Save the Children International.
- Undergraduate degree, who have not yet entered the formal employment arena are encouraged to apply .
- Letter of endorsement from appropriate university department where applicable.
- Should be available on full time for the duration of the programme.
- For Finance, in addition to a first degree, candidates should be either fully qualified CPA/ACCA or studying for the final part of either of the two courses.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, drive and the ability to contribute to a multi-cultural, team-based work environment.
- Strong networking capacity and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask; work flexibly, creatively and under pressure in response to needs or changing demands.
- Extremely well organized.
- Highest ethical standards.
Save your CV and Motivation letter as a single document, and indicate the role and location you are applying for in the subject line.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.