County Government of Lamu
Job Advertisement: Entrepreneurship Instructor I – Job Group K
Qualifications for Appointment
To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Possess a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent.
- Hold a Diploma in Computer Studies/Science, Information and Communication Technology, or any relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Have completed a Training of Trainers certificate course from a recognized institution.
- Possess a Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct theoretical and practical training sessions for students in the field of specialization.
- Develop and utilize schemes of work, course outlines, and lesson plans in accordance with the approved examining body’s guidelines.
- Create and prepare teaching materials to enhance the delivery of the curriculum, including conducting practical demonstrations as outlined in the curriculum.
- Assign and assess student assignments promptly and provide feedback for further improvement in the learning process.
- Ensure proper maintenance and care of tools and equipment used in the training process.
- Participate in and oversee co-curricular activities.
- Enforce college rules and regulations among students to maintain a high level of discipline.
- Provide guidance and counseling to students, including spiritual care, and make referrals when necessary.
Interested candidates should submit their applications by October 10, 2023.
- The position of Entrepreneurship Instructor I (Job Group K) is specifically available at Lamu Vocational Training Centre.
- Applicants for Instructors III (Job Group H) are only allowed to select ONE COURSE to teach from NOT MORE than TWO Vocational Training Centers. Candidates with degrees from foreign universities must attach proof of accreditation from the Commission for University Education (CUE).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates, and other relevant supporting documents during the interview.
Any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Lamu is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons living with disabilities, and marginalized groups to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates should download and complete the job application form available on our websites: www.lamu.go.ke and www.lamu-cpsb.org. Submit the completed form along with the required documents to:
The Secretary / CEO
Lamu County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 536 — 80500
Shortlisted candidates must provide copies of the following clearance certificates during the interview, as required by Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
To apply for this job please visit www.lamu-cpsb.org.